Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cuiliang
Punch Card
Views: 3,080
Message 1 of 17

P70, Thunderbolt port not working

Nothing happend when DELL Thunderbolt dock plugged in. Monitor connected to the dock does not light up.

In Windows device manager,  'Thunderbolt(TM) Controller -1577' state is "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)"

I have updated Thunderbolt firmeware to latest version and the Thunderbolt soft,

I have deleted  'Thunderbolt(TM) Controller -1577' item from device manager and reinstalled the thunderbolt several times.

They didn't help..

Please lenovo give me some information..

cuiliang
Punch Card
Views: 2,993
Message 2 of 17

Re: P70, Thunderbolt port not working

Is there anyone who has thunderbolt port working?

Is there any lenovo person who can provide some information about this?

Did lenovo know this issue? Is it a intel problem or lenovo problem? Are your man working on it? When this will be solved?

ThinkFollower
Punch Card
Views: 2,975
Message 3 of 17

are You using hybrid graphic ? or dedicated ?

maybe it is not corelated but in other thread about HDMI problems I have attached what i noticed in TB app

/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/67547i7BEC1965AD62FA4C/image-size/large/is-moderation-mode/true?v=mpbl...

I am aware that this can be a missed shot  but why not to check it deeper ?  we have nothing to lose

my theory  is that the TB controler and the graphic card [not sure wich one] are interfere each other so there are reported problems both with TB and HDMI connection

my suggestion to check are

1) try connect TB device in hybrid graphic mode

2) try cennect TB  device in discrete grphic mode

3) try connect TB device with no HDMI and / or mDP monitor connected to computer

4) try connect TB device with no HDMI and / or mDP monitor not connected to computer

5) try connect TB device when docked to docking station

6) try every combination of above suggestions

ThinkFollower
Punch Card
Views: 2,954
Message 4 of 17

i have found one new thing 

when i check the state of my thunderbold controler i can see that this state is related with the TB app behavior that I have attached in my previous post

if i do not have connected HDMI monitor or it is not detected then i see in my device manager something almost simmiliar to that  in first post of that thread - the only difference is that I have Thunderbolt(TM) Controller -1575 compared to the Thunderbolt(TM) Controller -1577 error code is the same [Code 45]

but maybe the difference is caused that i have P50 and the cuiliang wrote about P70

but when my HDMI monitor is detectalbe by P50 and the monitor is connected status of TB controler changes to "this device is working properly" 

cuiliang
Punch Card
Views: 2,928
Message 5 of 17

I'v also seen similar phenomenon.

I have workstation dock whith two monitors connected to display ports.

If I put P70 onto the dock, two ports will show up in Thunderbolt software. If I detach P70 from dock, they will disappear.

But even when the ports show up in thunderbolt software,  they also do not work. Nothing happens when I connect DELL Thunderbolt Dock to the ports.

cuiliang
Punch Card
Views: 2,888
Message 6 of 17

update:

TB  device will disappear if the in discrete grphic mode, even computer attached to workstation dock.

P70frustration
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,377
Message 7 of 17

Please advise...i'm going nuts with this...

I installed the latest thunderbolt software and ran the firmware update...again and again and again and again...etc...

I've turned off hybrid graphics and turned it back on

I've docked and undocked the laptop

In all cases the P70 does not see the thunderbolt device (a startech dual display port adapter)

Instead windows 10 just sees it as a USB-C port...that is not optimized (that's the notification that pops up)

Attached devices window is empty.

Capture.PNG

However, my macbook pro does...so I know the fault lies with lenovo.

Lenovo wants to replace the system board...but i'm concerned it won't fix the issue.

Does anyone think this really could be a hardware failure, or is this really a software issue?

If it's software, I don't know how to fix it.

Please help!!

5thduke
Token Ring
Views: 2,358
Message 8 of 17

i feel your pain the display ports plus the thunderbolt ports on the p70 are really buggy i bought one of those same adapters works great,i had to disconnect the the startech from the thunderbolt port and reconnect too the dispay port im using a dock , do a reboot get the monitors detected ,then shutdown connect up your startech again when win starts you should have it showing up in divice chains.worked for me been a month now im running two dell 34inch ultrawides @60hertz

P70frustration
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,345
Message 9 of 17

I tried your workflow, but all I got for it was a blue screen.

After the auto reboot, the startech still was not recognized.

flustered9
What's DOS?
Views: 2,001
Message 10 of 17

Have you been able to fix this issue? 

I am stuck with my P70 and Dell docking station (TB16)-- the docking station will not appear in the thunderbolt software and I am getting no connectivity. I've updated drivers, and firmware. 

I am able to test with a P70 that was purchased 5 months after mine, and it connects and works without any issue-- we didn't even have to update software or drivers. 

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. 

Many Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors