Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dougschmidt
Punch Card
Views: 525
Message 1 of 3

P70: Vantage/System Update 5/Automatic Driver Update not detecting drivers/updates

These are not working/detecting updates for my system. They report no packages/drivers found/available for my system.

However, if I go to the support site and manually browse through the drivers list, I find a few that are recommended (and newer than what I have installed) and one urgent (newer than I have installed)

The urgent one is Intel ME for version 11.8.55.3510 - I have 11.8.50.3460 installed

The recommended one is Diagnostics Lite for version 4.22.0 - I have 4.20.1 installed

When I run the following command, I get;

c:\drivers\win\me\meinfowin.exe

Intel MEInfo Version: 11.8.50.3460

Any ideas why new drivers are not being detected? This happened once before, and I manually installed the drivers. I have not manually installed these latest drivers yet.

My system is Windows 10 Pro - Version 1803 - Build 17134.191

BIOS - N1DET98W 2.24

Vantage - 4.12.13.0

System Update 5 - 5.07.0072

Lenovo Service Bridge - 4.0.6.4

Support Automatic Driver Update - what's provided on support.lenovo.com

Thanks

Doug

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 508
Message 2 of 3

Re: P70: Vantage/System Update 5/Automatic Driver Update not detecting drivers/updates

Vantage and Lenovo System Update both use the SU catalog.

The SU catalog is updated with the new driver around 30 days after it shows up on the support page.

Lenovo must quality test the driver and build .XML entries for the catalog.

Thus your support page has the most current drivers.

dougschmidt
Punch Card
Views: 354
Message 3 of 3

Re: P70: Vantage/System Update 5/Automatic Driver Update not detecting drivers/updates

Confirmed. This is working. I have not manually updated drivers since my initial post. System update prompted me today that updates are  available, and I installed them.

Thanks for your reply sclexman, I did not know about the SU catalog and how Lenovo quality tests get released.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors