Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdos22
Serial Port
Views: 252
Message 1 of 3

P70 - Windows Update Problems

Good Day All,

My Windows 10 Reliability Monitor is claiming that the app "updatetool_cs13_ws_ver2_30_000.exe" associated with Lenovo updates is trapping. Trying to run it by itself just puts more failures in the logs. This is through either the Lenovo System Update tool or the Lenovo Companion. Since the system is stock I'm at a loss to explain the failure. I can ignore but I'd really prefer a Real Fix.

The other question: System Updates and the Lenovo Companion show that I have an update: "Intel Rapid Storage Technology Console with Device Driver (for RAID systems) - 10 [64], which I've already applied by hand. I've seen it before where Lenovo Updates has these persistant "already applied" updates in the tools for a couple days but this has been a week now- and I'm wondering if there's something else going on with my system. I can ignore, but I'd prefer a fix.

Thanks!

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 215
Message 2 of 3

Re: P70 - Windows Update Problems

Intel Driver relists in System Update:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software/Lenovo-System-Update-installs-but-relists...

Your other issue is addressed here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Windows-can-t-find-updatetool-cs13-ws-ve...

Also check your support page for the latest version of LenovoDock/OneDock.

jdos22
Serial Port
Views: 193
Message 3 of 3

Re: P70 - Windows Update Problems

Thank you: The first link takes one to a thread where following another link leads to a conclusion of "Lenovo's problem with the Software Update tool logic," so wait for a fix.

The second is a bit more subtle- but similar ("wait for a fix.")

What I DID do is reinstall Windows for several other abnormalities involving dialog boxes and apps freezing. This time I've not gone through the Device Manager list to install device drivers and the system isn't behaving the same as before- there've been no crashes. The Intel driver is still listed in the Companion Update section, though.

Fingers crossed. This is fragile.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors