Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rup00000
Punch Card
Views: 299
Message 11 of 13

Re: P70 super loud and sudden fan noise

Thanks for the reply.

I haven't performed other tests to pinpoint what the culprit is, but I highly doubt the web pages were at fault here. I use an extension "Great Suspender" which suspends inactive tabs on Google Chrome (the only browser opened during which the problem surfaced) and a few tabs that were not affected by this extension were simple, text-based pages that did next to nothing in terms of CPU usage. 

I only have Windows Defender as my anti-virus program, and the programs that were running (just opened, idling) at the time include HWMonitor, a torrent client with no torrent file, and two paused videos, none of which uses much CPU according to the task manager (0.2% for HWMonitor and 0% for the other two).

However, I did discover something off on the Task Manager; there are four Windows Explorer (32 bit) tasks which comprise at least 10% of CPU usage at any given time, spiking up to 25% at whim. This has to be the reason why the fans spin and the temperature rises, though I have no idea why there are four of them and why they fluctuate so much. I'm sure they will stay there until I restart the system (sleeping did nothing).

sagavera
Paper Tape
Views: 76
Message 12 of 13

I know it's bee a few years, but my new ThinkPad P52 does the same. out of nowhere full blast for 2-3 seconds and the goes silent again. using fedora 31...

5thduke
Token Ring
Views: 53
Message 13 of 13

i think you will find lenovo active protection and intelly cooling is doing it ,can be uninstalled easily

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors