cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johncapner
Paper Tape
Views: 137
Message 1 of 5

P71 Won't Boot without A/C Power. After Boot, I can unplug and battery operates fine.

As suggested in title.  Laptop is less than week old, and it did successfully work Thursday Night.  Since then, powering up does not work without A/C Power.

P71 Thinkpad.  

johncapner
Paper Tape
Views: 101
Message 2 of 5

Re: P71 Won't Boot without A/C Power. After Boot, I can unplug and battery operates fine.

Quick edit - It will boot up on Battery Power but only if the Battery is @ 100%.

ThinkpadIL
Token Ring
Views: 86
Message 3 of 5

Re: P71 Won't Boot without A/C Power. After Boot, I can unplug and battery operates fine.

Did you specify the series correctly? The current generation is P73. The P71 should be 2 years old now. Did you buy it new or refurbished?

johncapner
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 4 of 5

100% the P71 and only days old.  Ordered off NewEgg.  Intel I7 16gb Ram 1TB SSD.

ThinkpadIL
Token Ring
Views: 69
Message 5 of 5

Check the listing - I bet it's sold as refurbished or used or b-stock or similar. Anyway, with this sort of problems your best course of action is to return the machine.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors