Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThinkPadUser99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 272
Message 11 of 16

Re: P72 Benchmarks

What I said was, please check whether changing the Eye Care mode/Color temperature slider solves your problem. I was just trying to help.

Please try to take up with Lenovo support team.

This product is definitely not without defects, I had backlight bleed, keyboard issue some keys (keys G, H, B) surrounding the numb was not registering at all times. I called Premier support, they sent a tech and replaced the keyboard. They replaced the LCD+Bezel for blacklight bleed and the replaced LCD had stuck pixels, they again replaced the LCD. The LCD is now fine.

I hope Lenovo support resolve this issue.

QuietlyFocused
Serial Port
Views: 268
Message 12 of 16

@ThinkPadUser99 wrote:

What I said was, please check whether changing the Eye Care mode/Color temperature slider solves your problem. I was just trying to help.

This product is definitely not without defects, I had backlight bleed, keyboard issue some keys (keys G, H, B) surrounding the numb was not registering at all times. I called Premier support, they sent a tech and replaced the keyboard. They replaced the LCD+Bezel for blacklight bleed and the replaced LCD had stuck pixels, they again replaced the LCD. The LCD is now fine.

Of course, thank you very much for mentioning the Lenovo Vantage utility options.  Smiley Happy  It's drastically obvious when Eye Care mode is turned on.  The oversaturated colors due to incorrect color space issues in Windows is more subtle than that but still highly annoying in non-color managed applications.

I opened a trouble ticket with Lenovo tech support ten days ago on the missing sRGB compatibility mode utility, and they just emailed me in the past hour that they are looking into the possibility of updating the Lenovo ThinkColor application to work with the current batch of laptop wide gamut displays.  No timeframe yet, but there is hope.  If you feel this is an issue for you since you've decided to keep your laptop, please do call them to get on a possible notification list for when the updated utility is made available to resolve the oversaturated colors problem.  However, if you are not seeing wildly oversaturated colors in non-color managed Windows applications after getting your LCD display replaced twice, I would be extremely curious as to why that would be the case.

I'm truly sorry to hear you have had so many repair calls already on your new laptop.  I am grateful to say I had none of the issues you described, so I guess sometimes it really is the luck of the widget.  Smiley Tongue

OliverK1
SCSI Port
Views: 181
Message 13 of 16

@ThinkPadUser99 wrote:

If you had so sever issues with both the keyboard and the screen, what is the whole point of choosing Lenovo? The main thing for me about Lenovo is the great keyboard, and good quality build in general.

And it sounds like, the most advanced premium support is kind of mandatory; it is not for occasional unforseen repairs down the line, but to correct problems coming straight from production. It sounds like the end-user, me,  is the quality control.

Also, even if I can get the machine sorted out with premium support, this is not how I want to spend my time.

I want to spend my time to earn money with the machine, and not wasting my time calling support and waiting for repairs.

It sounds like even if we spend the extra price tag on a workstation, the quality won't necessarily be any better, then buying a consumer or business laptop.

Then what are we paying for the premium price?

THuckabay
Punch Card
Views: 160
Message 14 of 16

My P72 also is suffering from backlight bleed, particularly in the lower left corner of the WCG (UHD) display.  I hate the idea of having to crack open the display area to replace the LCD to resolve this issue, and am considering just returning it instead.  I agree that these kinds of issues, for such a pricey machine, should not exist straight from the factory.  I do have Premiere support, but then again, why should I have to spend valuable hours of my time dealing with this kind of stuff on a new system?  (I also am working with Lenovo to try to get an acceptable resolution on the sRGB issue.)

OliverK1
SCSI Port
Views: 139
Message 15 of 16

@THuckabay wrote:

My P72 also is suffering from backlight bleed, particularly in the lower left corner of the WCG (UHD) display.  I hate the idea of having to crack open the display area to replace the LCD to resolve this issue, and am considering just returning it instead.  I agree that these kinds of issues, for such a pricey machine, should not exist straight from the factory.  I do have Premiere support, but then again, why should I have to spend valuable hours of my time dealing with this kind of stuff on a new system?  (I also am working with Lenovo to try to get an acceptable resolution on the sRGB issue.)

Would you mind posting some pictures of the backlight bleed?

Highlighted
ThinkPadUser99
Fanfold Paper
Views: 43
Message 16 of 16

Sorry for the late reply. They are sending me new replacement unit after escalation with Premier Support. My unit has too many issues, keyboard, display.

The picture is attached

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors