Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo4K
Punch Card
Views: 4,187
Message 1 of 9

P72 - Windows Hello Not Working - Install Driver Properly

After installing the Windwos Upadte 1903 few weeks ago, I had some issue with my login. Could not use Fingerpint or my PIN. 

While figuring out the issue, I deinstalled driver for biometric devices and reinstalled them.

Now everything is working fine with fingerprint and PIN but I accidently deinstalled the Hello Face Driver, which should appear under "biometric devices"

I can not setup the Hella Face Login because Windows tells me, that are is no supported Hardware. However, I have both cameras installed properly.

Where can I find the Hello Face Driver,?

d65sf.jpg

ThatsSoTimur
Token Ring
Views: 4,183
Message 2 of 9

Re: P72 - Windows Hello Not Working - Install Driver Properly

What you can do is

1: Left click the option Biometrics *Biometrische Gerate* in Device manager and choose the option *Scan for hardware changes* and it will reinstall the Windows Hello facial recognition driver again. 

2: Install DriverBooster. It's a software that checks if you have missing or outdated drivers and installs/updates drivers.

3: Go to the official Lenovo website and enter your model number of your laptop and locate the driver that is missing and download it

If you couldn't understand what I said here is a translation to German:

1: Links klicke auf die Option Biometrische Geräte und wahle die Option *Scannen nach Hardwareänderungen* und es wird den Windows Hallo Gesichtserkennung driver installieren

2: Installiere die App DriverBooster. DriverBooster ist eine die prüft, ob Sie fehlende oder veraltete Driver haben und Driver installiert / aktualisiert.

3: Gehen Sie zur der offiziellen Lenovo Website, geben Sie die Modellnummer Ihres Laptops ein, suchen Sie den fehlenden Driver und laden Sie ihn herunter

Lenovo4K
Punch Card
Views: 4,172
Message 3 of 9

1) Already searched. Did not install the Windows Hello facial recognition driver. Can I external download driver?
2) I will try DriverBooster. Usally I dont use such software because there is always the fear, that non-validated driver, which might be newer get installed.
3) Already tried all camera drivers from Lenovo. Both cameras seem to be installed properly.

ThatsSoTimur
Token Ring
Views: 4,164
Message 4 of 9

I have used DriverBooster on my machines and everything went well. They state that their drivers passed the Microsoft WHQL test and it makes a restore point so if something goes wrong with the driver update you can revert back.

Lenovo4K
Punch Card
Views: 4,043
Message 5 of 9

Tried DriveBooster. Horrible Bloatware.

DriverBooster only searches for hardware driver but I am looking for the internal windows driver "Windows Hello Face Software Device" v 10.0.18362.

Windows Hello Face Software Device are provided by Windows itself and act as a bridge to the hardware driver (IR camera). 

Windows Hello Face Software Device comes automatically with windows but if manuelly deinstalled, it seems like there is not way to reinstall it.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,015
Message 6 of 9

Hello,

As far as I know, all of the ThinkPad P72's device drivers can be directly downloaded from the https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-p-series-laptops/thinkpad-... page.  I am thinking it might be part of one of the Integrated Camera Driver packages.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee.

L380 YogaP72 (20MB-*)P50 (20EN-*)S230u (3347-4HU)T23 (2648-LU7)T42 (2378-R4U)T43p (2678-H7U)T61p (6459-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)X220 (4286-CTO)X250 (20CM-*)Yoga 370

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Lenovo4K
Punch Card
Views: 4,006
Message 7 of 9

I have the driver now. Someone else extracted the driver from his computer and send it to me. I was able to install it by right click on the .inf-file and then select install.

Anyway, I think there is some confusion here among the replier.

Under "Device Manager" in Windows, all Devices are listed. Half of them are not real hardware devices but software devices from windows itself. They get installed through windows automatically.

All these devices have in common, that the driver provider is “Microsoft” and the Driver Version is the current windows build, in my case 10.0.18362.

Windows Hello Face is a feature in Windows to unlock your account with an infrared camera. The driver for the IR camera were properly installed at my computer but the “Windows Hello Face Software Device” was accidently deinstalled by me. “Windows Hello Face Software Device» is a part of Windows and not provided by any hardware company.

Unfortunately, once deinstalled, windows doesn’t detect, that something is missing. It also does not show an undetected device or ask to repair windows.

s46f5.png

odinherj
What's DOS?
Views: 3,590
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

Same occured to me. Now I'm not able to find the .inf online. Could you please somehow share the Hello driver ?

Lenovo4K
Punch Card
Views: 3,584
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I got my drivers in the german forum:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/W-P-Serie-ThinkPad-Notebooks/Windows-Hello-Gesichtserkennung-P52-P72/m-...

Click on the link: Treiber Windows Hello.zip ca. 120MB

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors