Did you mean: 
joseecu
What's DOS?
Views: 840
Message 1 of 3

Problem 2nd HDD lenovo W530

Hello

I am new in the forum I hope someone can help me

I add a 2nd HDD to my lenovo W530 (Intel Core i7 3630QM CPU @2.4GHz, Windows 7 64bits) in the ultrabay

I used the caddy (TheNatural2020)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultrabay-Module-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T420si/dp/B00C0DCPKI/ref=sr_1_3/278-5059544-...

And the HDD is Hitachi 1Tb, 5400rpm Model HTS541010A9680

The BIOS detect the HDD but in windows it doesnt appear (explorer)

I ran a hardware test with Lenovo Solution Center and after the the test, the" SMART Drive Self Test " has a warning, the code of the error is: WHD01V000-UK9V0D

It seems I am close to make it work but I dont know whats next

Please any help will be great!

Regards

Jose

it_geek
802.11n
Views: 810
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem 2nd HDD lenovo W530

I am assuming the hard drive is new...? (Read further on if it already contains data)

Regardless of whether the hard disk is old or new, check if the hard disk exists in the device manager. If there are any X or ! signs beside the device there is an issue, post a link to the screenshot.

If the disk is new, you need to initialise and create partitions in it before it will show up in explorer.

To do this, press the Windows Key and R key at the same time. This will open up the run window.

Type in the following command:

diskmgmt.msc

And press enter. If there is a UAC prompt allow it to proceed.

Right click on the new disk, and click 'Initialise Disk'.

Once the disk is initialised, create partitions and follow the on-screen prompts... that should be self explanatory. If you really still need help on that just ask here.

If the disk is old, and has data in it:

Check if the hard disk exists in the device manager. If there are any X or ! signs beside the device, there is an issue. Post a link to the screenshot.

Also, are you sure the multibay holder you purchased is a genuine Lenovo product? I have never seen that SMART error come out before... you might not be using the official, but rather a 3rd party one. I will leave this to the mods to judge, though.

W510: i7-720QM, 16GB, DDR3 PC10600 - 1033MHz Kingston Value RAM, 1GB Quadro FX880M, 2TB Seagate SSHD (Internal) + 2TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD (external via eSATA)

T410: i5-520M, 8GB, DDR3 PC8500 - 1066Mhz Kingston Value RAM, 512MB Geforce, 1TB Seagate SSHD (Internal) + 1TB Seagate SSHD (external via eSATA)
joseecu
What's DOS?
Views: 790
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem 2nd HDD lenovo W530

Dear It_geek

Thanks a lot, I solved the issue. The disk is new and in device manager everything was ok, but following the steps of doing the partition solve the issue.

Regards

Jose

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors