Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsn
Paper Tape
Views: 530
Message 1 of 3

Problem with Gobi 3000 and W520

Hi

I am running a W520 with W7 ultimate and have a Gobi 3000 in it.. When I connect to the internet using the Gobi, it connects ok

Once connected it will work for a while and then pings to gateway will just stop working and ( obvuously ) cannot access any sites. After a while it will communicate ok for a while and then drop again

Access connections shows the session as staying connected

I have put in a USB 3G card with the same sim in it to prove that it isnt the 3G network that is the problem and there is no problems at all with network use

I have also had the Gobi 3000 changed

Anyone any ideas on what would cause the issue?

Former Employee
Views: 498
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problem with Gobi 3000 and W520

hey dsn,

hard to say what could be the issue here. have you updated the drivers for the Gobi3000 ( http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS015016 ) ?

If you haven't could you try that? And if you're using Access Connection to connect, try uninstalling that and use W7's built-in connection wizard and see how it goes.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
dsn
Paper Tape
Views: 474
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problem with Gobi 3000 and W520

Hi

I have removed Access Connections and now using windows to connect. I am still having the issue

Looking at the diagnostics, during the intermittent periods when is functioning I see

IPv4 Connectivity  Internet

and Speed of 14 Mbps

When non functioing I see

IPv4 Connectivity  No Network Access

Speed 25.6 Kbps

As it flips to 14M , I have internet functionality and then it will drop ou down to 25.6Kt for a while and then go back to 14M again. The length of time of lack of access can be minutes and is making the device unuseable and having to use a USB device when I do need to use the internet on 3G

I have had the card replaced once already

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors