cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Employee
Views: 992
Message 11 of 15

Re: Problem with numeric keypad when holding down keys

This auto repeat issue with the Numeric keypad is currently being investigated.

As a temporary "workaround", you can extend the auto repeat to 11 characters in Windows:

Control Panel --> Keyboard --> Speed Tab --> Repeat delay --> Short (slider bar all the way to the right)

This is not a great solution, but is better than nothing in the short term.

An earlier posting suggested a "freeware" fix....just remember that any tool not supplied or endorsed by Lenovo is considered "use at your own risk".

Hopefully a solution will be provided soon.

Regards

sibi
Paper Tape
Views: 969
Message 12 of 15

@Icepick:

As a temporary "workaround", you can extend the auto repeat to 11 characters in Windows:

Control Panel --> Keyboard --> Speed Tab --> Repeat delay --> Short (slider bar all the way to the right)

This does work indeed, changing maximum value of autorepeats to a number between 1 and 11 (which in my opinion still is to low for cursor navigation), depending on the settings of BOTH the sliders found there.

This changes the behaviour of all keys on the keyboard of course, and may not be what the user can work with.

An earlier posting suggested a "freeware" fix....just remember that any tool not supplied or endorsed by Lenovo is   considered "use at your own risk".

That is correct. Nonetheless have I updated my "frowned upon" tool to version 1.2, including the possibilty to adjust the number of keypresses before it starts repeating, depending on the above mentioned delay settings.

http://www.cosy-systeme.com/tools/NumpadFix.zip

I also noticed that the bug does not occur in some virtual machines (vmware, dosbox), but does occurr even if i use my tool when in a RDP - session.

Until an official solution is available, which I hope, but doubt that it will be anytime soon, I will get by with this.

hazart
WWAN
Views: 959
Message 13 of 15

The latest BIOS upgrade (2.08) has solved this problem.

Former Employee
Views: 932
Message 14 of 15

You are somewhat correct....

A new BIOS was released that contained a fix for this problem, however it was removed from the web.  I do not have any details regarding it's removal, but probably a minor issue was discovered.

If you downloaded it while it was posted, then you will have fix.  I would check the driver download page periodically for the updated BIOS.

Regards

Former Employee
Views: 804
Message 15 of 15

New BIOS released to the web that contains the fix for this issue:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-70800

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors