cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john55788
What's DOS?
Views: 998
Message 1 of 3

Problems outputting to two monitors (P50 + Thinkpad Pro Dock)

Hello,

I have a P50 that I am trying to output to two displays. I have a Pro dock that I realize can only drive 1 digital signal with so I am using the DVI port to display to 1 external monitor and the LCD itself.

I am trying to connect a second monitor using the mini DisplayPort  on the right side of the laptop, but Windows 10 does not detect this monitor to be available. If I disconnect the DVI cable on the back of the dock, I get output on the mini DisplayPort. Is this just a limitation of the laptop or do I have something configured incorrectly?

I am able to achieve the desired functionality (DVI monitor from dock + mini DP monitor from laptop + LCD) on an X240 ThinkPad, but the setup does not work with a P50.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 929
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problems outputting to two monitors (P50 + Thinkpad Pro Dock)

Go into BIOS F1 setup -> tab over to the 'Config' menu -> scroll down to the 'Display' menu -> Set graphics device to "Discrete graphics" -> Press F10 to Save and Exit the BIOS. 

Let us know if this helps. Smiley Happy 

skyriser
What's DOS?
Views: 483
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems outputting to two monitors (P50 + Thinkpad Pro Dock)

On the software side in, right click on your Windows 7 desktop and select screen resolution and ensure your displays are set to extend. This happened to me where some how it switched itself to disconnect and monitor 3 still worked as expected.help.PNG

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors