01-04-2015 03:52 PM
Hi, perhaps someone can help me. I am trying to connect a W540 (no external dock) to a Dell external monitor.
I have tried this with two monitors, but neither work.
Connected via VGA to the port on the side of the W540
1) Connected monitor and stuffed up screen resolution on laptop (tiny icons, black lines on either side of screen). External monitor works ok. When unplugged, it reverted to the previous screen resolution.
2) Saved laptop screen resolution and icon size as a profile.
3) Connected external monitor and right clicked Intel graphics options, ensured was on Extend display, main display plus external monitor, then had to go in an re-click the name of the saved profile.
4) This worked ok until the next day, when turned on laptop and got a blue screen. Managed to get it back by hard rebooting and going through the process in no. 3
5) Cannot get Nvidia control panel to display anything other than 3D options, even if make this the default (instead of the Intel graphics)
Can anyone offer any way that I can connect an external monitor without having to go through all this hassle each time? And why this affects the laptop so badly (and also, it is running really slowly after this)
Running Windows 8 (but with the Win 7 interface)
Thanks so much
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-05-2015 08:55 AM
make sure the latest drivers are installed from both intel and nvidia sites. bluescreen with video output is usually caused by a driver issue.
01-05-2015 11:30 AM - edited 01-05-2015 11:31 AM
01-06-2015 03:49 AM
Glad to hear that the issue seems to be resolved.
Windows is weird when it comes to drivers.