Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noel7
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 813
Message 1 of 3

Product Recovery

Hi,

I purchased a W700ds 2757-CTO last September and upgraded to Windows 7 after receiving my upgrade disc from Lenovo. I forgot to make a set of product recovery discs before upgrading and now I am unable to do so since the program is incompatible with Windows 7. Is there a product recovery utility for Windows 7? If not I am going to have to revert to Vista to create it and then re-install Window 7.  I want to make them so that if I need to I can re-install the programs that were installed at the factory. I tried pressing F11 when the computer starts to see if I could use that option in the future but it did not work, neither did the ThinkVantage button give me the option to restore the factory installed programs. Thanks in advance for you assistance!

Noel

schmidtj
802.11n
Views: 786
Message 2 of 3

Re: Product Recovery

I encountered a similar scenario to yours in that after doing a clean upgrade (custom) to Win 7 my F11 at boot time no longer invoked Rescue and Recovery. I installed Rescue and Recovery 4.3 on Win 7 and F11 functionality returned and presented me with the option to do a factory restore (to Vista Business x64). I've never really did an actual restore but the menu offers it to me. Others have posted that they've had problems after installing R&R 4.3 on Win 7 so YMMV.
Noel7
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 729
Message 3 of 3

Re: Product Recovery

Thanks for the info.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors