Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gorbay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 686
Message 1 of 4

RICOH Media Card Reader Driver causes constant 13% cpu usage under 'NT Kernel & System' on Windows 8

RICOH Media Card Reader Driver version 2.22.18.01 has been causing the Windows kernel to constantly use about 13% on the CPU. I'm on Windows 8 x64. If the device is on battery, it forces the CPU to work at higher frequencies and eats up the battery so quickly.

I spotted the issue using Process Explorer. Now I'm giving the beta driver a chance and I'll report back after I use it for a bit. Does anyone have the same issue?

Finally, will the latest driver (October 2012) get an update anytime soon?

gorbay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 555
Message 2 of 4

Re: RICOH Media Card Reader Driver causes constant 13% cpu usage under 'NT Kernel & System' on W

The issue is still there intermittently. I had to uninstall the driver to preserve my battery and a decent cpu load.

Does anyone know if there will be an update on this?

tylernoyes
Fanfold Paper
Views: 440
Message 3 of 4

Re: RICOH Media Card Reader Driver causes constant 13% cpu usage under 'NT Kernel & System' on W

Happen to be running windows 8 now, and noticed that this is still an issue today.  Just uninstalled that software and it resolved my constant CPU usage.

gorbay
Fanfold Paper
Views: 400
Message 4 of 4

I install the driver, do my business, and purge it right after. It couldn't be worse. Having a 9 cell battery while a simple driver sucks up all the power for no good reason is beyond meaningless. The absence of an official bug report system for drivers drives me crazy!

Lenovo support! Hello?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors