Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geophyte1
SCSI Port
Views: 305
Message 1 of 3

Re-installation of Turbo Memory and Matrix Manager on top of Intel RST

Trying to figure out how to get PCI Memory Controller = Turbo Memory Controller back on my W700ds (2757CTO) running the RAID1.   After mainboard replacement and operating system reinstall the Intel Matrix Manager and the Intel Turbo Memory Controller were listed in the Programs list and under Storage in My Computer-Manage as they would normally be.   I performed a Lenovo Update and the computer installed Intel RST and Matrix Manager disappeared and " Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller"  was installed.  Later some message I can't remember appeared about Turbo Memory and I noticed that Intel Turbo Memory Controller was also gone in the Programs listing.

I went to "Manage" and the listing for Turbo memory was still there but the driver would not update.  I removed the Turbo driver thinking I could reinstall it without installing anything else but the Turbo drivers from both Lenovo and Intel want to install both Turbo Memory and Matrix manager which is an older version than the RST that is installed.  The most recent download listed on the either site for Turbo Memory controller is in 2009.

Anyone see a problem with my installing the older version of Intel Matrix Manager and Turbo Memory controller on top of the newer Intel RST and then reinstalling the RST?

Geophyte1
W700ds 2757-CTO
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 281
Message 2 of 3

Re: Re-installation of Turbo Memory and Matrix Manager on top of Intel RST

I know this isn't what you asked, but I don't suggest spending ANY effort on trying to get it to work.  I ran several tests and could find no evidence that there was a measurable difference with/without it.  It looks to me like Intel has stopped pushing it.  I also never found drivers that really worked in a 64-bit environment.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Geophyte1
SCSI Port
Views: 263
Message 3 of 3

Re: Re-installation of Turbo Memory and Matrix Manager on top of Intel RST

Thanks richk.  I'll let it go for now.  It is just a shame that I have a piece of hardware in my computer that has no effect on performance.

Geophyte1
W700ds 2757-CTO

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors