10-20-2008

US

740 Signins

5553 Page Views

• Views: 5553
  • Message 1 of 2

Recent experience with Lenovo On-Site Service for a P70 Repair

2017-02-22, 3:28 AM

For a couple of weeks, several key caps on my 1 year-old P70 would refuse to stay attached to their support posts.  They'd seemingly snap back on but be very susceptible to being easily dislodged.

Finally, my irritation reached a level which necessitated keyboard replacement.  As I had purchased the 5-year onsite service plan, I used the online portal; via the chat function, requested a repair late in the afternoon on a Friday.   The representative was exceptionally courteous and offered assurances that the repair could be accomplished the following Monday.  I received confirmation e-mails with ticket number and contact phone number.

Come Monday morning, I received a call from the local technician who offered to arrange the on-site at my convenience.  Before the appointed time, he called again to re-confirm and advised that he would be running  little late but he did arrive exactly when promised.  He was not familiar with the P70 model but was extremely experienced and knowledgeable.  Nevertheless, he consulted instructions on his machine and viewed the Lenovo videos for techs to ensure he did everything properly while effecting the repair.

We chatted all throughout the procedure -- The tech was personable and highly professional.  I shared some of my prior, less than satisfactory experiences with the contracted field service organizations who had worked on my W700, years ago.  This fellow told me he worked directly for IBM and that due to much dissatisfaction, Lenovo had reverted back to using IBM as their field service organization in the U. S.  He assured me that their techs were exceptionally well-trained and had access to multiple sources of spare parts, if the normal supply chain was insufficiently responsive to customers needs.

To Lenovo, I say bravo for reengaging with a high-quality field service organization and for making the process of onsite repair as painless as possible.  Credit should be given when it is due -- thank you.

Options

109 Posts

09-06-2016

US

415 Signins

2774 Page Views

• Views: 2774
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Recent experience with Lenovo On-Site Service for a P70 Repair

2017-02-24, 22:19 PM

My company has on site support depos at several locations, staffed by IBM techs. They work very well.

And when ordering new Laptops, we go to an IBM site, at least in N.A.

Yes, it looks like Lenovo and IBM still work  a lot together.

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save