Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brandwooddixon
Paper Tape
Views: 721
Message 1 of 3

Rescue & Recovery lists no backups on Iomega USB eGO disk

Hi,

I have been using an Iomega eGO external USB drive for backups.

I have been able to list and remove backups (when required) when in Windows 7 and running Rescue & Recovery, but I am unable to get a list of backups when booting from a Recovery DVD into Rescue & Recovery.

Basically I am replacing the unencrypted hard drive with an SSD that supports encryption.

The aim was to use a full backup made immediately prior to removing the HDD to restore the full system.

When booting from the recovery DVD, the Rescue & Recovery utility doesn't list any backups, even when the tick box for listing backups for other systems is checked.

It makes no difference whether selecting ALL locations or External USB Drive.

Any ideas?

Backups aren't much good if you can't retrieve them.

If my old disk had failed then I'd be in a worse state than this. I can't say that I'm impressed.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 702
Message 2 of 3

Re: Rescue & Recovery lists no backups on Iomega USB eGO disk

Hello and welcome,

Has R&R been updated since you made your bootable DVD?  It's possible there's a version mismatch between your backups and your R&R DVD.

You might try burning a new rescue CD - or whatever it's called on your machine, "bootable media" maybe.  That may be able to find your backups.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Highlighted
brandwooddixon
Paper Tape
Views: 689
Message 3 of 3

Re: Rescue & Recovery lists no backups on Iomega USB eGO disk

Well I've finally sorted this issue.

I tried creating a new Recovery Disk.

I even tried running recovery within Windows and seeing what backups it detected. Again I drew a blank.

The issue was as follows:

On my W510 at least, none of the USB3.0 ports are recognised by the Lenovo Rescue and Recovery software when selecting USB storage device. Once connected to the single USB 2.0 port the USB eGo drive was recognised and the backups listed.

Sadly this means a minimum 6 hours to restore from a full backup!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors