08-23-2013 03:16 PM - edited 08-23-2013 03:19 PM
I was wondering if any of you has faced this before.
I have an W520 - 4276 since almost one year which is running pretty well.
A couple of days ago, an exclamation mark appeared on the SimpleTap Icon indicating I have a message.
After starting SimpleTab, I noticed that the notification was coming from Lenovo Solution Center.
In Lenovo Solution Center and under Check-Up -> Device Manager I was getting a message that the Ricoh 1394 ohci compliant host Controller is disabled.
By checking the device Manager, the device Status was "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported Problems. (Code 43).
After restarting the Computer the device was enabled again.. but the same is Happening almost every 2-3 days..
I hope someone can clarify this strange behavior..
here are the screenshots,
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-25-2013 11:21 AM
10-20-2013 10:14 AM - edited 10-20-2013 10:17 AM
The 1394 bus driver that is included with Windows 7 replaces the 1394 bus drivers that were included with earlier versions of Windows.
1. Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the “Start Search” box and press Enter.
2. Expand the "IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers" node in the device tree on the right hand pane.
3. Right click the host controller node select "Update driver software ..."
4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Select "let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer ..." and Check the box before “Show compatible hardware”.
6. Choose the second option -- 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy), and click next to update the driver.
10-20-2013 10:24 AM
Thanks for your post. What do you mean by "this should work?" I tried the link and it was not found on Microsoft's site.
02-23-2014 05:27 AM
Thanks! I had this same problem and this solution (updating the driver to 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy) using Device Manager) worked perfectly for me