cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshyoukh
Paper Tape
Views: 12,574
Message 1 of 6

Ricoh 1394 ohci compliant host controller reported as disabled in lenovo solution center

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you has faced this before.

I have an W520 - 4276 since almost one year which is running pretty well.

A couple of days ago, an exclamation mark appeared on the SimpleTap Icon indicating I have a message.

After starting SimpleTab, I noticed that the notification was coming from Lenovo Solution Center.

In Lenovo Solution Center and under Check-Up -> Device Manager I was getting a message that the Ricoh 1394 ohci compliant host Controller is disabled.

By checking the device Manager, the device Status was "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported Problems. (Code 43).

After restarting the Computer the device was enabled again.. but the same is Happening almost every 2-3 days..

I hope someone can clarify this strange behavior..

Regards,

here are the screenshots,

ricoh 1394 pic1 - LSC Message.png

ricoh 1394 pic3 - Device Manager 2 - Code 43.png

CynthiaDuke
Paper Tape
Views: 12,498
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ricoh 1394 ohci compliant host controller reported as disabled in lenovo solution center

Spoiler
I have the same message/alert.  Just showed up today (Aug 25 2013).  I have a Lenovo W530 and have had it since Feb 2013.

crimsontide99
What's DOS?
Views: 12,297
Message 3 of 6

Re: Ricoh 1394 ohci compliant host controller reported as disabled in lenovo solution center

This works:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/gg266402%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

[edited]

The 1394 bus driver that is included with Windows 7 replaces the 1394 bus drivers that were included with earlier versions of Windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/connect/1394_Windows7.mspx

Try:

1. Click the Start Button, type devmgmt.msc in the “Start Search” box and press Enter.
2. Expand the "IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers" node in the device tree on the right hand pane.
3. Right click the host controller node select "Update driver software ..."
4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Select "let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer ..." and Check the box before “Show compatible hardware”.
6. Choose the second option -- 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy), and click next to update the driver.

CynthiaDuke
Paper Tape
Views: 12,284
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for your post.  What do you mean by "this should work?"  I tried the link and it was not found on Microsoft's site.

rblake
What's DOS?
Views: 11,654
Message 5 of 6

Thanks! I had this same problem and this solution (updating the driver to 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy) using Device Manager) worked perfectly for me

eve90h
What's DOS?
Views: 9,285
Message 6 of 6

This is the first time it happened... I have Windows 8 and choosing 2nd option (Legacy) worked for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors