Did you mean: 
lookingatlenovo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,973
Message 1 of 6

SDHC reader doesn't see the card.

W520
Win 7

When I put my smart card into the reader and open My Computer, the card isn't shown.  I see C: and D: but no smart card.  I noticed that this only seems to happen after I have had the computer go to sleep in Maximum Battery Life mode. 

Another annoyance:  I thought I would just hit the "refresh" button on My Computer.  Big mistake.  The little green bar just keeps loading and getting slowly bigger for like 30 minutes until I finally get disgusted and restart the computer.  Then it can see the smart card...

Any ideas?

Retired Partner
Views: 1,935
Message 2 of 6

Re: SDHC reader doesn't see the card.

You should update the Smart card reader driver and BIOS the check if the issue gets resolved.

Smart Card reader driver can be download from the mentioned below web link.

SmartCard reader driver for Windows 7 (32-bit)

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8axx51ww.exe

SmartCard reader driver for Windows 7 (64-bit)

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8axv51ww.exe

BIOS can be download from the mentioned below web link.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8buj14us.exe

If the issue continues the change the battery mode from Maximum Life

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

john_es
Paper Tape
Views: 1,597
Message 3 of 6

I downloaded and extracted the driver... but I am not sure what to do because in Device Manager, I don't see the card reader. I do see SM Driver, and under that, SM bios service and SM bus service.

My bios is up to date.

I didn't understand your comment about the battery mode - it was in Maximum mode, but I tried to change it to see if that changed anything, but nothing happened.

Also, when I installed the driver that you suggested, it made all cards not readable in the SD card slot.

I went to lenovo's site and downloaded the one that they suggested, the Ricoh 4 in 1, and my cards 32GB and lower are read, but I have the original problem.

kayphoonstar
Punch Card
Views: 1,553
Message 4 of 6

I don't know if this will help but there's a setting in the bios under power settings for the SD Card Reader. After having a similar issue, I changed the setting from "Automatic" to "Generation 1" - then the system found the card.

dpbaker57
What's DOS?
Views: 1,150
Message 5 of 6

I am having the same issue. I have the latest firmware, I installed the latest drive, but still it doesn't work in Windows. I work fine in Ubuntu Linux though.

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,142
Message 6 of 6

Solve the problem by avoiding your problem completely, and just using something like this 56-in-1 USB external card reader for $15.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors