Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 518
Message 1 of 2

Samsung PM951 MZVLV512HCJH no ATA security

I added a 512GB PM951 to a ThinkPad P70 that was originally configured with a spinning hard drive only.  I reinstalled windows 10 onto the SSD and am using the spinning drive as a data store.  The drive was immediatly recognized, and the OS installed cleanly and seems to be working.  I tried to set HDD passwords on both drives.  When I set a password on the spinning drive, it works fine.  On the SSD, the BIOS initially shows NONE (as expected) for the HDD password.  When I select the field, it gives me the option for USER password or USER AND MASTER, also as expected.  When I enter and confirm a password, however, it is taken, but the field on the BIOS still shows NONE and no password is set.  Clearly, something isn't working as it should

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
zekeblue
Token Ring
Views: 499
Message 2 of 2

Re: Samsung PM951 MZVLV512HCJH no ATA security

I just ordered a pair of 256GB Samsung 950 Pro's for RAID 0 in my P50. Maybe I'll be running into something similar. Of course I hope not, but I might be baack!

. . . . . Zeke . . . . . X1 Carbon G6 - Win10 (current), P50 - Win10 (2 yrs), T510 - Win7 (previous 6 yrs)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors