Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElectricalPrint
What's DOS?
Views: 437
Message 1 of 2

Samsung Solid State SATA drive shows as SCSI

Have a W540 with the Samsung MZ7TE512HMHP-0001L SATA Solid State drive.  Noticed after one of the updates from either MS or Lenovo, the driver changed to a SCSI driver, and the performance has slowed.  It now shows a 6.3 on the windows experience, vs the 7.6 it did before.  I haven't seen a SCSI drive in years and doubt that is what is rockin in this workstation.

Things I have tried:

1. Update driver (says I have the correct driver)

2. Run Lenovo Support utilites

Suggestions welcome

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 403
Message 2 of 2

Re: Samsung Solid State SATA drive shows as SCSI

Hello and welcome,

You got me wondering, and sure enough all 3 of my drives show as SCSI.  I don't recall how they were tagged before.  This is on a whitebox i7 desktop, so no Lenovo involvement.

Ran windows  experience and the drive performance is unchanged (7.9) from the last run in 2013.  Primary drive is a Crucial m4.

Something may have messed up your drive performance but there's likely more to it than the "SCSI" indication.

Sorry for the non-information but maybe it narrows your search a little,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Top Kudoed Authors