05-03-2017

PT

5 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 1 of 4

Screen Mirror not Working - Worked Fine Before - Lenovo Z50-70

2017-05-03, 12:45 PM

I have never done this before, but I'm desperate. I have done everything I can think of, and even sat through 4 hours of windows support trying to help me. Nothing's worked.

I'm trying to connect my laptop (Lenovo Z50-70 with the newest windows 10 update) To my Samsung Smart TV with screen mirror. It has worked perfectly fine in the past. This problem arose a week ago. 

It does find the connection when I connect it. It says: "Desktop (name) is trying to connect" But it never goes through. The screen stays black, and then after a minute or two breaks the connection with a message on my tv, saying: Connection with laptop (name) lost. As well as a message on my laptop saying: "Your display couldn't connect"

I have checked my drivers. Updated the wireless drivers and graphics card with the newest ones. I even reset my Tv to factory reset. But nothing's changed. Yesterday I went to the shop and they told me to reset my tv, but like I said, that hasn't done anything either.

Please, if any of you have any idea of what's going on, your help is highly appreciated. 

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen Mirror not Working - Worked Fine Before - Lenovo Z50-70

2017-05-04, 8:32 AM

Hello Tsuki_Okami

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Sounds like this could be caused by the recent update that you have had, try to revert back to an older Windows before the update, see if that does it for you.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

3 Posts

05-03-2017

PT

5 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 3 of 4

2017-05-05, 16:20 PM

Thanks for the reply :)

I don't think that will help because I think I know what's causing it now.

I recently tried to connect my ipad as well as my phone to my tv through the same process (screen mirror) and that doesn't work either. And this too worked fine in the past. So I think it's my tv. 

Perhaps an update with a bug in it. 

I hope it will get fixed soon. 

Options

25 Posts

10-13-2016

BR

78 Signins

193 Page Views

• Views: 193
  • Message 4 of 4

2017-07-02, 19:50 PM

Hi!

Did you manage to get it working? I am having the same problem here! :(

But my phone and another laptop connects just fine to both TVs of the house.

i can´t find a solution for this and I am really pi$$ed of at Lenovo because it seems to be the only laptop of the house with constant problems

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete