US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Screen Turns off but the windows keeps running on the background

2020-02-02, 16:00 PM

Hello all

My Laptop Thinkpad P50, keeps shutting down the screen only the screen.
The example I am watching a video or a movie my laptop randomly turns off only the screen.
why I say only the screen, because I keep hearing the video on the back groung playing, the keyboard still working fine because when I hit the space key to pause the video and it gets passed without issue.

This not, only happens when I am watching videos. Once I turned on the laptop and did not do a thing, after a while the screen went off, Writing a paper on Word went down.

the Power saving settings are turned off and still continues to happen. 

How do I make him turn on again?

I close the lead wait a bit and then open it and the screens turns on again. After i do this the issue can happen again.

Did you guys had or are having the same issue? Do you know how to fix this? is this related to any hardware issue?

Thankk you for your time!

Options

337 Posts

11-26-2019

HK

138 Signins

2803 Page Views

• Views: 2803
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen Turns off but the windows keeps running on the background

2020-02-03, 4:33 AM
Check the power plan setting in the control panel. Such behaviour is set to be the default for "High Performance" power plan.
Options

0 Posts

02-02-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-02-03, 19:53 PM

Hello Legions

Thank you for replying and your support, Infortunatly is not that easy to fix this, I already found a post in the past that told me to do the exact ting that you are telling me to do and it still didn't work.

In the Past my laptop was set on High performance but now is on Balanced mode with every option related to turning off the screen set to "never".

Thank you!

Options

8369 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77316 Signins

2195714 Page Views

• Views: 2195714
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-02-03, 21:58 PM

A possibility is a failing or poorly connected lid closed sensor.  I have no idea where it is on your machine but perhaps this gives you something else to look into.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete