Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephenW
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,195
Message 1 of 16

Shipping Delay!!!!!

Hi

My p71 has been delayed by over a month! Really? I order it at Sept 1st, Lenovo first tells me it will be shipped at 12th. However, Lenovo delayed the estimated shipping to 14th, then 15, then 16th. Finally, Lenovo delayed the estimated shipping day at 26th!!!!!  I ordered the computer on September first and it will arrive on October 4th! I won't  buy Lenovo anymore! Shipping system sucks! Nobody gives me an apology.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 7,143
Message 2 of 16

Re: Shipping Delay!!!!!

It sounds frustrating, but computer builders, like Lenovo, are at the mercy of their suppliers.  They get promised dates from suppliers and they pass them along to customers.  To be fair, Lenovo's suppliers provide components that are made from many parts.  There suppliers can also have delays.  As you can guess, you are at the end of that chain.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
StephenW
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,107
Message 3 of 16

Yes, My uncle used work for Lenovo factory in Hefei(合肥), CN. He told me the customized process cost the most of the time and Lenovo only gives a small assembly line for each customized model. In China, you cannot purchase customized product makes the producing process really fast.

smmm
Punch Card
Views: 7,010
Message 4 of 16

mine (P71) was ordered on Sep 19th and is now going to ship on Oct 25 with arrival on Nov 9th!

Are you effin kidding us Lenovo? Why do you even advertise a product that you cannot put together and ship to a customer? Will try to escalate with service tomorrow, but not expecting a miracle

Highlighted
smmm
Punch Card
Views: 6,981
Message 5 of 16

was on a call with support, and their excuse was (and I'm not even jocking) "but you have ordered a custom configuration". Well, gosh, I'm sure everyone orders their P71s with 8 gig of RAM, spin drive and Windows Home!

smmm
Punch Card
Views: 6,976
Message 6 of 16

and btw why is it marked as "solved". "Community moderator" thinks the delay is because of parts shortage from suppliers. I confirmed with Lenovo this is not the case, they have all the parts for my build, the hold up is they don't have enough workers to build these machines so they keep delaying the orders and reshuffling the queue.

GTgamo
Token Ring
Views: 6,923
Message 7 of 16

It seems as though it is very common practice for the Lenovo community "powers that be" to just randomly mark post as solved -  so that it helps their resolved post counts.. This has happened to me as well on an issue that is not resolved.. 

Did you find any useful information? Everyone in the Lenovo forums can thank other members by clicking on the kudos star to the lower left.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 6,910
Message 8 of 16

For everyone's clarification, it appears that it was the OP who marked this thread as solved, as is always an OP's prerogative.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

GTgamo
Token Ring
Views: 6,879
Message 9 of 16

Good Enough, and whomever unmarked my thread as not solved, It is greatly appreciated. Questions are posted here to be answered, Sometimes it takes a bit longer to get the answers than we expect..

Did you find any useful information? Everyone in the Lenovo forums can thank other members by clicking on the kudos star to the lower left.

dysonlu
Paper Tape
Views: 5,600
Message 10 of 16

This is happening to me!

My order has been delayed 3 times so far. Ship date came and went and then, a new ship date is given. The laptop model I ordered is not even a customized one. On the product's page, it even said "ships within 1-3 days" when you add a unit to the cart. Obviously, that is a lie.

Customer service told me on the phone they will investigate and email me an explanation. They never did.

This is the first time I'm buying from Lenovo website. And maybe it will be the last.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors