cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
genivx2
Paper Tape
Views: 355
Message 1 of 6

Sierra Wireless MC7750 on Thinkpad W520 keep shutting off.

I got a W520 and installed the card, drivers and hardware is seen properly (I'm using Win7 x64bit)

but it keeps looking like it is turned off (how you turn off wifi).  Though when I press FN+F5 it doesn't show mobile broadband, only wifi and bluetooth

I use the AirCard Watcher app and it keep saying Airplane Mode, radio is off.

when I disable and enable the card via network settings.    The Aircard watch see the card for about a split second when I reenable it but then it goes right backto airplane mode..

I also tried using the Lenovo access connection and when I try to connect to mobile broadband . it keep saying no signal or sim not activated

BTW: I have a working Verizon Sim card that I use for a usb dongle and I have a x240 with broadband card that works fine with the SIM  so it's not a sim card problem.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 334
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sierra Wireless MC7750 on Thinkpad W520 keep shutting off.

Welcome to the Community

You're right, the card remains in the Low Power Mode in this laptop (to be clear - in any Sandy Bridge generation ThinkPad) by some reason.

Is there mc7750 related port in the Modems category of Device manager?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

genivx2
Paper Tape
Views: 330
Message 3 of 6

yeah I see it.

I installed the Sierra wireless Skyligh Generic Build v4442 it detects it and it can turn it on but it shutsdown right after
Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 324
Message 4 of 6

Try the following routine before you'll perform the main ones:
1. It'd be better if you'll remove both applications Access Connections and Skylight as they intercept the wwan card control. At least temporarily.
2. using terminal tool (like Putty etc.) connect to the modem port
3. check out current modem status:
AT!PCINFO?
Copy the output for further posting here
4. enter the BIOS Setup, load default settings, load your specific settings, save them, boot laptop
5. enter the BIOS Setup again, disable the WWAN port in the Security menu -> I/O Port Access menu, save, boot
6. enter the BIOS Setup again, enable the WWAN port, save, boot
7. check out modem status in the terminal. Copy the output.

Post both outputs here.
If the routine will not help, we'll change the modem power mode.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

genivx2
Paper Tape
Views: 301
Message 5 of 6

Did everything.  these are the result ofthe putty session into the modem port.  there is 3 com ports only can get into one the NEMEA but that is probalby gps info.

same issue. 

how would I go about changing the modem power plan?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 292
Message 6 of 6

The connection to the port in the Modems category is needed, not its giagnostics log, and not NMEA port, of course.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors