Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ezap
Punch Card
Views: 234
Message 11 of 14

Re: Simple question on P53 / P73 with RTX 5000 GPU

I understand what you are trying to do and I it would be great if that was possible to adjust the voltage of the gpu. I actually my self suffer from coil whine which is cause by the gpu running at high frequency (Mostly when it hits 1520 Mhz at core which 140 mhz above the recommended boost) so being able to adjust the max core or voltage would really help me. If your objective is to lower temps than I would say you dont have to worry about that as the max I reach under load is 72C if laptop is on a flat surface, but if I lift it so the vens are more uncover it drops to 65C that is during Superposition benchmark at 4k Ultra. Here is also the info you are looking for:Nvidia Bios.png

Nvidia General.png

kekistan_prez
Punch Card
Views: 204
Message 12 of 14

@Ezap wrote:

I understand what you are trying to do and I it would be great if that was possible to adjust the voltage of the gpu. I actually my self suffer from coil whine which is cause by the gpu running at high frequency (Mostly when it hits 1520 Mhz at core which 140 mhz above the recommended boost) so being able to adjust the max core or voltage would really help me. If your objective is to lower temps than I would say you dont have to worry about that as the max I reach under load is 72C if laptop is on a flat surface, but if I lift it so the vens are more uncover it drops to 65C that is during Superposition benchmark at 4k Ultra. Here is also the info you are looking for:

So you're confirming that the clocks cannot be adjusted in any way shape or form?

Ezap
Punch Card
Views: 200
Message 13 of 14

I tried the geforce and Quadro driver (Did not test the difference between the two Quadro drives ODE/QNF I doubt there is any difference )and none of them change anything in regards of clock control. It's all up to Lenovo or Nvidia to allow us for any adjustments. I have a Thinkpad w541 which comes with a k2100m and I was able to adjust the clock effectively getting +200mhz on core clock even though I still did not have voltage control, so I think its all up to Lenovo and their bios. Also another thing is memory clock profile seems to be set to be either high or low so it either runs at 810mhz or 6000mhz, where core clock fluctuate depending on the load. At the end of the day these are Quadro cards they are certified to run at that with these specs  and the most important part of them is stability,so for most people adjusting voltage or any other core speed is completely pointless, even though I wish I could do that myself.

kekistan_prez
Punch Card
Views: 189
Message 14 of 14

@Ezap wrote:

I tried the geforce and Quadro driver (Did not test the difference between the two Quadro drives ODE/QNF I doubt there is any difference )and none of them change anything in regards of clock control. It's all up to Lenovo or Nvidia to allow us for any adjustments. I have a Thinkpad w541 which comes with a k2100m and I was able to adjust the clock effectively getting +200mhz on core clock even though I still did not have voltage control, so I think its all up to Lenovo and their bios. Also another thing is memory clock profile seems to be set to be either high or low so it either runs at 810mhz or 6000mhz, where core clock fluctuate depending on the load. At the end of the day these are Quadro cards they are certified to run at that with these specs  and the most important part of them is stability,so for most people adjusting voltage or any other core speed is completely pointless, even though I wish I could do that myself.

That's a shame to hear.

Thanks for the feedback, it's a massive help!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors