cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason-RS
Blue Screen Again
Views: 928
Message 1 of 4

Sound and Bluetooth Issues - Thinkpad P71 and X1 Yoga (2nd gen)

So I'm really at a loss with this issue.  I've done so much troubleshooting to no avail.  Removed soundcard and bluetooth and reinstalled.  Installed new drivers.  Deleting and repairing devices. Changing the WiFi to "Prefer 5.2GHz band".  Other troubleshooting based on discussions on other forums...

The Problem.

Brand new Thinkpad P71.  I have two of the same external speakers I've used with my iPhone via Bluetooth to stream audio and never had a problem.  The speakers are the Oontz 3XL.

When I connect with my P71, it can go 24 hours or two minutes, but it will just suddenly stop playing audio.  The blue light on the speaker will turn off.  To get it to work again, I'll have to close the audio app and reconnect the Bluetooh.  Then it will run for anywhere from one minute to 24 hours and disconnect again.

I also just bought a brand new Thinkpad X1 Yoga (2nd gen).  Exact same problem.  Did all the same troubleshooting.

I mostly stream Sirius XM from a browser (and have tried different browsers as well). 

I also play audio from iTunes.  The weird thing with iTunes is that when this happens, the Play/Pause button in the software will also stop working, unless I close the app and restart.

It's definitely a Lenovo problem, since I am encountering the same problem on both systems. 

I don't know if this could be related to BitDefender and/or Malware Bytes (both are installed on both system).

Both systems have all the latest drivers.

Very frustrating to have spent around $7-8K on new systems and not be able to stream audio to a bluetooth speaker.

I also went through support with Oontz and they gave me the latest firmware and it makes no difference.

Princess_Zero
Blue Screen Again
Views: 876
Message 2 of 4

Re: Sound and Bluetooth Issues - Thinkpad P71 and X1 Yoga (2nd gen)

I can't offer much help, however, neither of my two P71's have had issues with bluetooth audio streaming to my Bose Soundlink III all day and night for the past two months. 

P71 Xeon E3-1535M v6, 64GB RAM, NVIDIA P5000 GPU, 1TB Samsung SM961 PCIe-NVMe SSD x 2, Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD x2, EM7455 WWAN
Wendel
802.11n
Views: 871
Message 3 of 4

I would check the Power Management settings for the bluetooth card. Change them from what they are and see what happens. If that doesn't work, change them back and see if that works.
Jason-RS
Blue Screen Again
Views: 862
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that as well. Unfortunately, no change.
Top Kudoed Authors