Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkrathi
SCSI Port
Views: 456
Message 1 of 3

Switching from non-touch to touch for P50

Hi, I have a thinkpad P50 non-touch display.  Is it possible for me to switch the display screen to touch display screen on the same laptop?  Does Lenovo support something like that if I am covered under their extended warranty?  Any thoughts or advice?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 438
Message 2 of 3

Re: Switching from non-touch to touch for P50

Factory warranty wouldn't cover parts you put in or anything you damaged while doing the work.  I think the touch screen uses a different lid and hinges. Antenna wires are hard to transplant without damage.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
GTgamo
Token Ring
Views: 376
Message 3 of 3

Re: Switching from non-touch to touch for P50

I do remember reading about a film that could be applied over the existing lcd panel to transform it into a touch screen. I am not sure of the pressure levels, or of the actual resolution of the film itself - But it may do what you are trying to accomplish.

Did you find any useful information? Everyone in the Lenovo forums can thank other members by clicking on the kudos star to the lower left.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors