cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,561

Question

I have a W520 and am running Windows 7 on it. The Task Manager does not show a PID (Process ID). The Task Manager also does not have a menu but just shows the display.

Answer

The Task Manager does not display Menu options when it is set in 'Small Footprint' mode.

To change your settings,

• Open Task Manager
  • Double-click in the border between the edge of your window and the thin line demarcating the Information section of the window.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
jaka

<p>Today during a rush to shut down, I used the Task Manager to shut down a couple &quot;sticky&quot; programs that didn't want to close up for me. The strangest thing happened, I don't know if I hit a &quot;hot key&quot; that put me on preferences, but a weird thing happened: It had me go through all the tabs and make setting adjustments. I didn't change anything much, but wound up looking at the CPA usage charts that took up the whole default page. The next time I opened the Task Manager, it was on CPA usage page with the 4-core (Intel -i5) areas and without any kind of controls to move it back to the normal default setting. Anybody know how to get that &quot;default&quot; setting back when starting back up? Like I said, there are no other controls or menu items I can get off the CPU grids with. I went in the bio's but don't know enough to mess with it, I just got out without any changing settings or anything else.</p><blockquote><hr>Serene_Lenovo wrote:<br><div class="lia-message-template-question-zone"> Question<p>I Smiley Very HappyHearthave a W520 and am running Windows 7 on it. The Task Manager does not show a PID (Process ID). The Task Manager also does not have a menu but just shows the display.</p></div><div class="lia-message-template-answer-zone"> Answer<p>The Task Manager does not display Menu options when it is set in 'Small Footprint' mode.</p><p><br>To change your settings,</p><ul><li>Open Task Manager</li><li>Double-click in the border between the edge of your window and the thin line demarcating the Information section of the window.</li></ul></div><hr></blockquote><p> </p>

jaka

Wouldn't you know it!  I'm real happy I listened to an aquantence at school. Lenovo popped up just as soon as I entered my problem, and 1,2-3, I did as it said and my task manager is back in business, with the problem gone.

Lenovo ThinkCentre, baby, I thinnk I love you:..eye4I.jpg come over here by daddy,let me show you what I mean.... kiss kiss, slurp slurp... THIS SITE IS FOR COMPUTER PROBLEMS BUDDY, THAT ...IS NOT ALLOWED

jaka