Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robsto
Paper Tape
Views: 139
Message 1 of 3

Terrible service from lenovo

this has to be one of the worst companies to contact that I have ever encountered. finally found an authorized service depot in kingston, they told me that windows needs be reloaded because something happened to it, said lenovo will not cover. question is why not? Thinkpad  p51s is only 10 months old, they loaded windows 10 when bought and did not send a disk with machine so why should I have to pay now. I have been trying to reach lenovo canada for a week now, email, phone, tech support, techreturn call, they never ever respond. quess this will be the last of their products i ever buy.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 131
Message 2 of 3

Re: Terrible service from lenovo

If your immediate need is to reload windows, use the local reset capability:

Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Reset.

If that isn't functioning, or doesn't do the job, you can use the DDRS download to get recovery media.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht103653?LinkTrack=Solr

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 122
Message 3 of 3

Re: Terrible service from lenovo

You should complain to microsoft, but that's the way OEM versions of windows 10 work on all brands of computers that I am familiar with.  You get a key in the BIOS and windows on the disk.  You can recover from the disk or you can download a fresh copy (with all updates) from microsoft and install using the key that's in the BIOS

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors