Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medwatt
Punch Card
Views: 462
Message 1 of 4

The P50 has the most horrible display I've ever used

I'm really disappointed I didn't listen to reviews lamenting the quality of the FHD display. I thought that they were comparing it to more modern displays. I have a 5 year old ideapad v570 and I never imagined the P50 would have a worse display. I received my unit with a horrible yellowish tint. Colors are wrong almost everywhere. Lighter shades of a color look like dark. In fact, almost every video plays like a Matrix movie. Aside from all this, the center of the screen is a bit brighter than elsewhere and my eyes can definitley feel the extra luminosity. This is just terrible, just terrible. The sad part is that I asked a friend to purchase it for me in the US and being it with him while he came here (Sierra Leone) on vacation, otherwise, I would return it. I'm just about to breakdown having spent a year worth of savings on something I might not use anymore. Lord, what have I done !!

jdrodrig
Token Ring
Views: 386
Message 2 of 4

Re: The P50 has the most horrible display I've ever used

sorry to hear your experience has been bad. the obvious options seem to be: 1) rule out possibility to get Tech Support judge it a defective panel; 2) double down on your investment and buy as parts the 4k panel and swap it; 3) sell the machine; 4) permanently limit yourself to use an external monitor.

medwatt
Punch Card
Views: 373
Message 3 of 4

Thanks man for always being of help. I have decided to buy another 1080p display with below color gamut. Please check the other thread I created if this is somewhere you can help. I have no idea whether any of the options will work. I just checked for decent displays on notebookcheck and tried to see whether the specs matched with the stock FHD panel. I've come up with 2 so far.

Arahne
Punch Card
Views: 351
Message 4 of 4

I have similar experience. Mine came also with yellowish tint, and the light bleeds in the lower right corner. Regarding yellow tint, I have installed some icm profile from this link http://www.notebookcheck.net/uploads/tx_nbc2/P50_4k.icm, and it helped. Regarding light bleed, there is little that I can do, but I can accept it. I havent tried to check if the lenovo distributer accepts this as a fault. Otherwise I am completely satisfied with P50. It is fast and very responsive.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors