Did you mean: 
jsaundersstudio
What's DOS?
Views: 6,027
Message 1 of 11

There is a notice about battery or ac adapter

When ever I unplug my W530 I get a message: 

"There is a notice about battery or ac adapter"

When I click on it i get sent to a screen where the only thing that apperes to be "The Notice" is that there is a red box around:  "The Batery is in good condition" 

kind of redundant and super anoying if that is all it is... any clue how to turn this off or if I'm missing somthing?

(i blured out the Barcode# in the image)
Notice-about-Battery.jpg

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 6,008
Message 2 of 11

Re: There is a notice about battery or ac adapter

Can you please post a screenshot of the actual message "There is a notice about battery or ac adapter"?

jsaundersstudio
What's DOS?
Views: 5,968
Message 3 of 11

Notice-about-Battery-02.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the message 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 5,954
Message 4 of 11

This warning is about the fact that the current condition of your battery can hold less than 50% of the design capacity.  You can see this in your first screenshot where the design capacity is 93.6 Wh but the full charge capacity is 41.22.  So this is the condition that is prompting the message "There is a notice about battery or ac adapter".  

However, there is definitely a bug where Lenovo Settings says "Your battery is in good condition".  It should be saying something about how a new battery would double your battery runtime and give you a link showing you replacement options.  And the message about "There is a notice about battery or ac adapter" should only appear once per month or less.

Anyway, to prevent the "notice" message, the Lenovo Settings team has the following suggestion:

1. In Windows Explorer, open the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\ThinkPad\Utilities"
  2. Find "LEPToastLnc.exe"
  3. Rename this file to something else, like "LEPToastLnc.RENAMED.exe"

Could you please try it and let me know if it works for you?

jsaundersstudio
What's DOS?
Views: 5,922
Message 5 of 11

Sorry that took so long, but it seems to have worked. Thank you for the help. 

supportnetvibes
Paper Tape
Views: 3,759
Message 6 of 11

Hello,

I have the same with my Thinkpad T430 under Windows 10 Pro X64.

Capture.JPG

The renaming fixed the messages but it can't be the solutions to rename all the programs of Lenovo is it?

There for what realy solve this issue?

vinoydaniel
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,481
Message 7 of 11

I have the same issue with my W540. I get thr same error message. My laptop has a 9 cell battery and the on setting the Lenovo settings I find the below "The Batery is in good condition" Design capacity : 99.46wh Full Charge capacity : 45.25wh I have been having this issue from the time i moved from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. * Is there any fix for the issue other than renaming LEPToastLnc.exe? * How can I make sure that all the battery cells are working. Is there a module that Lenovo has released to test OEM batteries?
vinoydaniel
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,480
Message 8 of 11

I have the same issue with my W540. I get thr same error message. My laptop has a 9 cell battery and the on setting the Lenovo settings I find the below "The Batery is in good condition" Design capacity : 99.46wh Full Charge capacity : 45.25wh I have been having this issue from the time i moved from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. * Is there any fix for the issue other than renaming LEPToastLnc.exe? * How can I make sure that all the battery cells are working. Is there a module that Lenovo has released to test OEM batteries?

vinoydaniel
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,413
Message 9 of 11

I have the same issue with my W540. I get thr same error message. My laptop has a 9 cell battery and the on setting the Lenovo settings I find the below

"The Batery is in good condition"

Design capacity : 99.46wh
Full Charge capacity : 45.25wh

I have been having this issue from the time i moved from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

* Is there any fix for the issue other than renaming LEPToastLnc.exe?
* How can I make sure that all the battery cells are working. Is there a module that Lenovo has released to test OEM batteries?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,466
Message 10 of 11

Battery capacity goes down over time.  After 2 or 3 years, it is reasonable to have a a lowered full charge.  The battery being in "good" condition means the electronics are working normally, no cells are sick and a sudden failure is unlikely.  Good condition doesn't mean "no wear".

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors