Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: P and W Series Mobile Workstations
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

02-17-2017

Russian Federation

6 Signins

142 Page Views

• Views: 142
  • Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad P40 Yoga - White dots all over the screen

2017-02-18, 0:01 AM

Hello everyone,

I received my P40 Yoga only two or three months ago, and I'm highly concerned about one problem I have.

There's an extreme count of small white dots (d≈2mm) all over the screen. They are significantly brighter that the rest of the screen, although colors of pixels behind are untouched. Also, when I'm touching/pressing near them nothing happens, although they disappear when dark/black images are covering them. Brightness of the dots seems to be constant relative to the brightness of the screen. That means if I turn screen brightness down, they become less bright too.

First spots have emerged just after a week of use, but I ignored them. They were (and still are) in the left bottom part of the screen. Now practically most of the screen is covered with dots. Though, I think, there's a bit more dots on the bottom of the screen than there's on top of the screen. 

Also, it's very unpleasant to see more 'constellations' on a relatively expensive laptop, than I can see on the sky.

At the moment, I can't contact my local service center due to certain circumstances.

But do you think it is covered by warranty? Or if it isn't, can you please tell me, how can I find the model number of the 1440p IPS screen?

Just as an example, there is a photo of a small area of the screen that has the problem attached to this post.

Options

1 Posts

03-28-2017

Australia

3 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad P40 Yoga - White dots all over the screen

2017-03-28, 3:47 AM

Hi r00tman,

Have the same issue here with 2 x Lenovo Thinkpad P460 Yoga notebooks.

My son's machine has it quite bad, mine i just noticed the dots appearing yesterday.

Both are 14" 1440p displays.

About to call for a warranty claim now.

Not looking forward to it, last 3 experiences with hardware issues took months to resolve, and that is with a next business day onsite support package.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms