Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MakotoP
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 533
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad P50 Fingerprint Readers not working in Windows 1803

Not sure if there is an official solution but heres my issue:

After upgrading to Windows 1803, my fingerprint reader just stopped working with Windows Hello. Tried troubleshooting with drivers and eventually did a hard reset which did address the issue...only temporarily.

I already looked into other forum post regarding deleting and reinstalling the fingerprint drivers as well as the Intel SGX drivers as well but those didn't seem to solve the issue.

Any insight on the issue would be great!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 426
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad P50 Fingerprint Readers not working in Windows 1803

Your screenshot is showing a problem with enrollment.  The known issues with fingerprint driver and SGX driver, you couldn't even get this far.  So I'm not familiar with this enrollment issue that you're having.

Please try rebooting and press F1 to enter BIOS setup.  Then go to Security -> Fingerprint menu, and choose the option about reset fingerprint data.  Press F10 to save and exit, then check if it solves your problem.  

If this doesn't help, then reboot and press F1 to enter BIOS setup again.  Then go to Security -> Intel SGX and change the state to Disabled.  Press F10 to save and exit.  This will make your fingerprint device stop working in Device Manager, but you can uninstall the device, reboot, and Windows should automatically reinstall it.  Then check if solves your problem.

MakotoP
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 403
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad P50 Fingerprint Readers not working in Windows 1803

Hi,

I tried your recommendation by disabling Intel SGX in the BIOS and uninstalling/reinstalling the FPR drivers with no avail..

Wondering if its an issue with Windows as I did at one point did get to reader to work for a bit (i.e. a day or so) before it starting acting up again and finally stopped working..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors