Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_bigjon
Paper Tape
Views: 537
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad P50 - Stupid questions on touchscreen and thinkpad pen pro

G'day,

I feel like a bit of an idiot. My work has supplied me a P50 laptop and it came with a stylus pen. I figured I must have been given a touchscreen version of the P50... but now I'm not so sure.

S/N: 20EQS4RV00

https://store.emprgroup.com.au/lenovo-877529-notebook-tp-p50-16g-512-w10p-20eqs4rv00-20eq-s4rv00.asp...

Screen Part Number: 00NY503

Walter FRU LCD ASM 15.6 FHD BOE with Mutto

The monitor shows as a "MONITOR\LEN40BA" type in Windows Device Manager (i.e. Properties --> Details --> Property (Hardware IDs)).

The screen doesn't respond to finger touches or stylus touches. Changed batteries in the pen for brand new ones. Not too sure if a specific driver is needed. I'm guessing I've been led astray here but wanted a second opinion... Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 509
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad P50 - Stupid questions on touchscreen and thinkpad pen pro

I'm not familiar with the outlet where the machine was bought, but 00NY503 is supposed to be a touchscreen.  Are there any problem devices in device manager?  Under device manager, look under human interface devices for a touch screen.  Try updating drivers with Lenovo Vantage or Lenovo System Update.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
_bigjon
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 3 of 4

Appreciate the reply but yes... I've done that and no errors/etc in device manager. Device manager is clear. System update says all good. Manually pushed the driver from Lenovo's website for the monitor (windows auto update has a more recent driver). No change.

Honestly not sure where it was purchased and whether that was the outlet. But that is the only place that returns a result for the laptop model number in google.

Does anyone know if the touch screen works only through active pen or would a finger be enough to activate the touch screen?

Might have to reach out to Lenovo support direct and see what they suggest... 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 486
Message 4 of 4

It should work with finger or active pen

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors