cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulBrause
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,648
Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad P50 and NVidia M1000M game videos and benchmark videos on my YouTube channel

Hello,

in order to help people who are interested in the ThinkPad P50,I recorded 14 videos of benchmarks and gameplay and posted them on my new YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Katastropoulos

I think the videos show off the capabilities of the NVidia M1000M GPU in the P50.
I hope that I can help people who are interested in the machine to make a decision if the GPU power is sufficient for them or not. Before I bought this machine, I had problems getting information on its performance, especially in gaming.

I made videos on following games/benchmarks:

• Half Life 2 Episode One
  • Half Life 2 Episode Two
  • Metro 2033
  • The Witcher 2
  • Risen 2
  • Risen 3
  • Oddworld - New 'n' Tasty
  • Gothic 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • GRID 2
  • Unigine Heaven 4
  • Unigine Valley
  • Final Fantasy XIV

I made benchmarks some time ago and posted the results on my blog, you can find them here:

https://ikarios.wordpress.com/2016/03/09/performance-comparison-between-thinkpad-p50-with-nvidia-m10...

4200m/

Best regards, Janni

Thomas-
Punch Card
Views: 2,582
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad P50 and NVidia M1000M game videos and benchmark videos on my YouTube channel

Wow! That's impressive!

I wonder how much faster the M2000M is compared to the M1000M? I haven't seen any comparisons between the two.

Brgds...   /Thomas

adamtoday
SCSI Port
Views: 2,572
Message 3 of 5

Re: ThinkPad P50 and NVidia M1000M game videos and benchmark videos on my YouTube channel

How long P50 can last on battery while playing game?

Model
Punch Card
Views: 2,537
Message 4 of 5

Around 2-3 hours, depending on the game and backround programmes.

ibrahimmuhsin
What's DOS?
Views: 1,359
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

You seem to have a good knowledge in gaming, kindly read and advice me on the below.

I have bought a new laptop with the following specs:
Lenovo P50, 32GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 530, Nvidia Quadro M100M.

For the past few days I was thoroughly enjoying myself playing Football Manager 2017 and Fifa 2017 in high graphics with absolutely no problems at all.

FM2017 told me I had a five star rating for graphic performances as well.

A day or two both games have suddenly started lagging and I cannot find out why. I have tried the following things:
Uninstalled Windows updates, removed virus programs, formatted my laptop, assigned the Nvidia card in the graphics control panel, but none of these seem to work.

And now FM2017 tells me I have a 1 star rating in my graphic performance!

Yes my Nvidia Quadro card is being detected by the system but for the life of me I cannot figure out why both games have suddenly started lagging.

Although I'm mentioning FM2017 a lot here, it's pretty much the same problem with my FIFA 17, I was playing it in 1920x1080 with ultra graphics and 4x aliasing with absolutely no problems at all but now it gets really stuck all the time.

Please advice? 

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors