cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibmthink
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,536
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad P50 - no media playback via Movies & TV app (Windows 10) on external monitors

I have run into a weird little problem with my P50: If I want to use the Windows inbuilt Movies & TV app to play one of the movies I bought there, it does not work - but here is the gotcha, this only applies to external monitors connected via Displayport (HDMI does not work right now, see:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-P50-HDMI-not-working/m-p/2273622#... So thats not an option)

The movies play just fine on the internal screen, but on the external ones, the screen just stays dark and the movie either doesn´t start, or its starts and you can hear the audio, but the picture stays dark.

I have tried it with multiple external monitors, and multiple TVs, and it works on none of them. I also tried different nVidia driver, it does not work with the Lenovo provided driver, nor with the driver you can get from nVidia directly.

ibmthink
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,382
Message 2 of 3

Betreff: ThinkPad P50 - no media playback via Movies & TV app (Windows 10) on external monitors

Push

I would be very grateful if someone could test this. It would be great to know if this is affecting other P50 machines too, or if its just me (in which case a clean-install might do the trick).

fyjflyaway
Paper Tape
Views: 1,185
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad P50 - no media playback via Movies & TV app (Windows 10) on external monitors

Maybe you can try to run your media player with the NVIDIA GPU. This can be set in the NVIDIA control panel.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors