Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RuntimeExceptio
Paper Tape
Views: 513
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad P52 Intel Management Engine Firmware Update Failed and System Crashed

Sorry, I am not a native speaker so that the description below may not be clear.

Last night when my laptop attempt to upgrade its Intel ME firmware, the system appears a blue screen with words "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed". After that, the procedure of boot of my laptop became "auto power off twice after press the power button, then it will boot into BIOS itself".

In other words, it likes:

t0: Power button pressed

t1: Screen was turned on for about 1 sec, then the whole laptop powered off.

t2: happen the process of t1 again

t3: boot into BIOS

I guess the Intel ME firmware was broken. I tried to googled for related information but found nothing. I swear I will not upgrade my BIOS or Intel ME firmware anymore...

Then I downloaded the Lenovo Recovery Image and used it to reset my computer into the factory status, but the issue still exists. I think it is because the Intel ME is a independent chip to the OS, so even recovery cannot help.

Thanks for your kind help.

lei-1
Paper Tape
Views: 246
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad P52 Intel Management Engine Firmware Update Failed and System Crashed

Some kind of sad feeling about the intel ME update.

my machine is 8850H, P3200 and 4K in main. 

after update with the INTEL ME 12. it's horrible now, everytime  the open system time beyond 1 minute.

rebuild the win10 system, no any use.

hope lenovo give answer as soon as possible.

xie1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 102
Message 3 of 4

Re: ThinkPad P52 Intel Management Engine Firmware Update Failed and System Crashed

The same problem with my machine , which has 8850H, P2000 and 4K screen. After update with the INTEL ME 12. it takes 3 times to boot from power off status everytime and the open system time beyond 1 minute.
pjg
Token Ring
Views: 94
Message 4 of 4

Folks.  This is unfortunate but this is now a well documented problem. Intel ME 12.0 firmware breaks P52/P72 laptops.

See the thread below for more details:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P52-4K-reboot-three-times-forever-after-...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals