Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
survivant
Punch Card
Views: 1,115
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad P70 Workstation Dock with DVI monitor blank screen

When I put my P70 on the dock station and I boot.  I'm not able to see the screen that boot on my Monitor.  I have a DVI connector.

I'm able to see the Windows screen when the boot ended, but not the boot menu.  I been in the BIOS and change the setting from THINKPAD LCD to all monitors (3th one).

if I want to see the boot menu, I have to open the p70 screen and close it after the boot.  I had no problem with my T510 and my monitor.

Do I have to change to a Displayport cable ? 

thanks

survivant
Punch Card
Views: 1,073
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad P70 Workstation Dock with DVI monitor blank screen

I solved the problem by changing the display to Smiley Very Happyisplay to monitor on dock

and graphics to : discrete graphics
Former Employee
Views: 1,037
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad P70 Workstation Dock with DVI monitor blank screen

Think Engineering has provided additional information about why booting a ThinkPad P70 from a dock to a monitor connected via DVI cables or DisplayPort results in a blank screen.

The blank screen occurs because the discrete GPU will not turn on until the Windows device driver is loaded in Hybrid Graphics mode. Thus, a setup that uses DVI or DisplayPort on Dock cannot display the ThinkPad boot logo to external monitor.

There is a workaround to change this.

Go to BIOS Setup -> Config -> Display -> Graphics Device setting and change from “Hybrid Graphics” to “Discrete Graphics”. Please note that using Discrete Graphics mode will result in shorter battery life when the system is undocked.

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors