Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STMoist
Serial Port
Views: 180
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad P71 20HK0013US NVIDIA Quadro M620 problems with monitors

I have two identical LG 22MC57HQ-P external monitors hooked up to my P71, no dock in use. I have one hooked up via HDMI, and one hooked up via miniDP. The one hooked up via miniDP is always rock solid, sleeps and wakes up as it is supposed to. The one hooked up via HDMI, nothing but problems. It frequently, randomly, loses its signal and goes completely to powered down mode, requiring a button press to turn it back on. Sometimes, it is not able to pick a signal back up from the P71; even after unplugging/replugging, a reboot is required to get it to pick up a signal. I have switched the monitors, the problem stays with the one plugged into the HDMI port.

I have tried System Update/Vantage drivers, I have tried downloading them from Nvidia, problem persists. I have recently erased all graphics drivers from the system, rebooted, and let System Update grab the drivers from Lenovo, problem persists. I have tried Hybrid and Discrete options in the BIOS (currently on discrete, I think), problem persists. 

I should also mention I have frequent BSOD issues as well, but I figured I'd see if I could fix this one major annoyance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 124
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad P71 20HK0013US NVIDIA Quadro M620 problems with monitors

Hi STMoist!

Thank you for using the community forums. I did a quick research about the monitor and your laptop specifications. It shows that your monitor's resolution is 1920 x 1080@60Hz. The HDMI port where the monitor is plugged in supports 4096x2160@24Hz. You will see the specifications of your Thinkpad P71 on the link below. We highly suggest you to change the display settings of the monitor to go down to 24Hz refresh rate since this is supported by the HDMI port in order for the monitor work with the HDMI port.

Thinkpad P71 Specs: https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_P71?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

STMoist
Serial Port
Views: 91
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad P71 20HK0013US NVIDIA Quadro M620 problems with monitors

Thank you, will give it a shot

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors