cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thinknwink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 833
Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad W510 on-screen mute, volume, brightness, ThinkLight not working.

Hey, I have system interface driver, onscreen display, thinkpad fullscreen magnifier all installed from lenovo update and drivers.

But the mute, volume, brightness, ThinkLight onscreen display are not working, but things like fn + f3, caps lock, num lock are working. Everything works like sound and brightness, but the onscreen display is not showing the black and white volume meter or brightness meter.

I have everything installed from windows update too and latest update for everything, what am i missing?

I have tried installing a display inf file.

I have tried installing system interface driver, onscreen display, thinkpad fullscreen magnifier before and after installing nvidia graphic drivers and without and still not showing onscreen display.

I have enabled on screen display though advanced settings.

I bought this W510 refurbished and the onscreen worked, but afterwords i custom installed win 7 pro 64 and now after all updates does not work onscreen display.

Windows 7 Proffesional 64 bit

it seems like a small problem but i don't get why onscreen display not showing!

thanks!

Guru
Views: 823
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad W510 on-screen mute, volume, brightness, ThinkLight not working.

Did you also remember to install the Power Management driver?

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
thinknwink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 812
Message 3 of 5

I tried it but it did not help, is there anything else you can think of?

This is the file right? http://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-w-series-laptops/thinkpad-w51...

thinknwink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 766
Message 4 of 5

Okay this has baffled me! I have custom reinstalled win 7 pro 64 again - i got a ssd a few days ago so I bought a new copy of windows too.

I thought maybe after a complete custom reinstall that it could of worked this time around, but no, the onscreen display is still not working for mute, volume, brightness and thinklight.

I tried something else this time too, i installed 3 different update versions of power management driver - 1 from lenovo system update, 1 from windows update and 1 from lenovo support website. All at different stages - before installing hotkey integration, after installing hotkey integration and without hotkey integration! Nothing is working and I dont know why?

I have everything updated and all drivers enabled, caps lock and numlock onscreen display work, fn + f keys all work and the onscreen too, fn + arrow keys work for playing and pausing media, fn + spacebar zoom does not work.

After all of this can anyone think of anything?

thinknwink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 770
Message 5 of 5

Got it working! I installed previous versions, i tried going down the previous version list and it took 4 downloads of hoitkey features to get the working one; 4 versions down - the one that worked had a "patch" included in the instalation.

Thanks!

Top Kudoed Authors