cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aschulte
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 266
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad W541 no driver Win7x64 support for Sierra EM7345 any more?

Hi there,

I have a W541 with Sierra EM7345.

I had and now have a lot of problems with the WWAN-Card, and more like you can read here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W540-Freeze-on-boot-screen-when-connecte...

And now i cannot reinstall the driver because it's not supported for Windows 7 x64 any more:

Sierra Wireless EM7345 Software for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

Now I have supported hardware with no driver available?!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 243
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad W541 no driver Win7x64 support for Sierra EM7345 any more?

Hi aschulte,

If you have a W541 then you need the driver for the EM7355 card; that's what should be in the system unless the parts list and psref are mistaken.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-W-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-W54...

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

aschulte
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 234
Message 3 of 4

Re: ThinkPad W541 no driver Win7x64 support for Sierra EM7345 any more?

Thank you, but it's not working for me.

Downloaded and installed the driver "as administrator", reboot but there are still 2 "other devices"  in the windows device manager, that will be the LTE and GPS module.

Highlighted
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 62
Message 4 of 4
Moved:

X250: possible to have BOTH M.2 SSD and WWAN card?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors