Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevingt2
Paper Tape
Views: 206
Message 11 of 12

Re: Thinkpad P1 Gen 2 Battery Draining issue

Wow thanks! So far so good. I manually updated the nvidia driver to 441.12 and rebooted. I haven’t done a thorough test yet, but I only lost 10% battery over a half hour of usage on battery saver and screen at 50%.

I also noticed my machine didn’t Power Limit during a plugged in cinebench run after updating. It could be coincidence or other factors but previously, my machine would sometimes Power Limit Throttle a few seconds into a cinebench run, reducing CPU TDP to well under 45 watts while running fairly cool. My assumption is there’s a power management fix in the updated nvidia driver despite lack of clarity in their change log (closest thing refers to performance improvements).
PakiEnigma
Blue Screen Again
Views: 190
Message 12 of 12

Re: Thinkpad P1 Gen 2 Battery Draining issue

After changing the battery, and updating all the drivers specially nvidia drivers via nvidia experience, I can get about 5 to 6 hours battery on an average usage. I guess that's the limit of this laptop. Lenovo shouldn't really advertise 14 hours, doesn't matter in which ever conditions they test for 14 hours, they can't be reflecting real world usage. They should market for real world usage and not lab tests. I appreciate their service quality, but these fake marketing strategies also loose customers.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors