Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kislaykr
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad P1 Xeon Nvidia Quadro P2000 - Quadro card disabled

After using my new Thinkpad P1 for about a month, the NVIDIA Quadro card has been disabled by Windows. This happened while I was using my laptop connected to an external monitor through HDMI.  Since Windows has decided to disable the quadro card, I cannot use any external monitor.

Things already tried-

1. Installed latest Nvidia driver - did not work.

2. Uninstalled, disabled and reinstalled latest Nvidia driver - did not work.

3. Formatted the computer and reinstalled windows - Graphics card started working, worked for 10 minutes and I got a BSOD (blue screen of death) with a message related to graphics card. Now it has not been working again.

Anyone else having the same issues or did I just get a laptop with bad motherboard/graphics card?

I have attached some screenshots of the warning in my device manager, error code 43 in the graphics card properties box, and task manager showing no quadro card.Annotation 2019-04-27 193123.pngAnnotation 2019-04-27 193206.pngAnnotation 2019-04-27 193948.png

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 620
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad P1 Xeon Nvidia Quadro P2000 - Quadro card disabled

Since it worked for a few minutes after reloading, I would suspect a driver issue.   

Are you installing the latest driver from Lenovo, or the one from Nvidia found at the link below.    I woudl try upgrading to the latest Nvidia driver if you have not tried that already..

QUADRO DESKTOP/QUADRO NOTEBOOK DRIVER RELEASE 430

Version:R430 U1 (430.39)  WHQL
Release Date:2019.4.23
Operating System:Windows 10 64-bit
Language:English (US)
File Size:381.51 MB

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/146249/en-us

Best of luck,

kislaykr
Paper Tape
Views: 599
Message 3 of 4

Thank you JDGillis for your support and reply.

I have tried latest drivers from Nvidia. Didn't work.

It seems like the issue is with motherboard or the graphics chipset itself. Maybe something related to overheating or memory issues. I've given up on solutions related to drivers.

When I did a fresh install, Windows record of previous error was probably erased and so it didn't know if there was any issue. As soon as the issue came up, windows shut it down and I saw the issue happening in front of my eyes with a BSOD.

I have already requested for a service request and will probably have to send it to the service center for repair. I'll keep posting about the outcome.

kislaykr
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 4 of 4

New update on this issue-

I had closed the lid of my laptop (to put it in sleep mode) while charging and when I woke it up after 15 minutes, the Nvidia Quadro card was working again and immediately got BSOD. But this time I was able to capture the message. A picture from my phone is attached below. Turn out the issue is with video_tdr_failure related to nvlddmkm.sys. I tried looking up online about this issue but could not fix it. There was no solution that could be applied appropriately in my case or maybe I was not competent enough to do it.IMG_20190427_233311.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors