Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alearnhardt
What's DOS?
Views: 381
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad P40 Yoga Battery draining drastically

Hello!

I have had my Thinkpad P40 Yoga laptop for a little over a year and had no issues until about a week or so ago. I will have the laptop fully charged when I start using it and then in less than an hour it will be dead, even though at the time I am only using the internet for simple things or using Microsoft Word/PowerPoint. It also is taking my battery much longer to get charged than it used to. 

This seems to have been a sudden issue and I am not sure what could have caused it.

Is there anything I can do to prolong my battery life? Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks!

Audrey

JimBobMC
802.11n
Views: 374
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad P40 Yoga Battery draining drastically

Audrey:

If you are running windows 10 you can go to:

SETTINGS --> BATTERY  -->  (click blue text link):  "See which apps are affecting your battery life"

Perhaps you some application has gone screwy, or some newly installed/updated app. is running amock.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an ”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a Kudo
~~
Some years back I worked for IBM, currently I do not work for,
nor do I speak for Lenovo or IBM.
alearnhardt
What's DOS?
Views: 369
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried that while waiting for a reply from this forum, as well as restarted and updated my laptop. Even after all of this I had 37% left on my laptop and it said there were only 7 minutes until it would die and then it died about 3 minutes later... I don't know what to do now and I need this laptop in places where I don't necessarily have access to an outlet.

JimBobMC
802.11n
Views: 358
Message 4 of 4

so what was the battery use report?

Nothing interesting?

if you have the Lenovo Vantage tool I would run the battery calibration utility and see what it reports back as to battery condition.

To run the utility you have to be plugged into a power outlet and allow the machine several hours to go through the calibration cycle without interruption.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an ”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a Kudo
~~
Some years back I worked for IBM, currently I do not work for,
nor do I speak for Lenovo or IBM.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors