cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nintenjo64
Paper Tape
Views: 1,015
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad P40 Yoga - Stylus Driver issues!

I have two problems i amd struggling to get support from Lenovo on.. 

1. When i connect my P40 Yoga to a 2nd Display and set my desktop to extended mode. When ever i right-click the 'context' menu that appears is not in the same location as where the stylus is. It appears to be offset based on the amount of total desktop space (becuase its extended) rather than just the actualy lenovo laptop screen. (which is the only screen thats compatible with the stylus).

Any suggestions?

2. This one has only started happening recently.

The Wacom service: Tablet Service for ISD Driver is constantly using 75% of my CPU and generally makes the device unusable. If i disable the service i am no longer able to use my stylus.. (which is the whole point for buying this laptop at $2000!). It continues to use 75% of my CPU no matter what i do (even when not using the stylus). It appears to use more and more memory over time as well.. Who should be fixing this Lenovo or Wacom? 

upload.png

cdezottis
What's DOS?
Views: 959
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad P40 Yoga - Stylus Driver issues!

I have the same Problem as your second Problem!

The ISD is practically making my P40 unusable. I don't want to constantly quit the driver and not be able to use the pen... the pen is kinda the whole point of that thing and the only real reason to spend that amont of money on it :/

jdrodrig
Token Ring
Views: 920
Message 3 of 4

Any news on this? I am very close to click "buy" in the website; I have been wanting to try something way more portable than the P50 and with Pen. but this issue of CPU use of the pen is making me nervous. 

jdrodrig
Token Ring
Views: 866
Message 4 of 4

guys, I guess you found the answer, but for completeness, I had the same problem with a just opened P40.

I followed the hint here: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Wacom-Tablet-Service-for-ISD-Driver-Win...

if any support person were to see this thread, could you confirm if this is a stable workaround or is there a lenovo approved way? I updated all drivers using the Lenovo Companion to no avail. the trick above worked for me. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors