Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kane_Beaber
Paper Tape
Views: 2,535
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad P40 Yoga stylus not working, Pen Pro does?

So I got my Thinkpad p40 a few days ago and so far it's been great, with just one problem.

The small stylus, the one that's housed in the body of the laptop doesn't work. I'm not sure if the pen itself is defective, or if the charging port is. The separate full-sized pen, the Thinkpad Pen Pro (4X80H34887) functions just fine.

I've left the laptop plugged in overnight multiple nights but to no avail, and there doesn't seem to be any 'pen charging driver' in the driver list, just indicators. I've tried various programs, including Lenovo's low battery indicator and the laptop stylus simply doesn't work at all. The Pen Pro works in all the same situations.

Does anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Kane_Beaber
Paper Tape
Views: 2,501
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad P40 Yoga stylus not working, Pen Pro does?

An update: I was able to use a voltmeter and seem to be getting an electrical response from both the pen's terminals and the ones in the Yoga. The pen itself may be defective, hmm!

Kane_Beaber
Paper Tape
Views: 2,458
Message 3 of 7

Apologies to anyone that has a similar problem, but the stylus randomly started working yesterday! I'm not sure what did it, but it's working now and I haven't made attempts to fix it since the previous post.

8c9mex
Punch Card
Views: 2,347
Message 4 of 7

hey,

I have the same issue. And I am still waiting for the replacement of the pen.  But will give it another try then Smiley Very Happy

Kane_Beaber
Paper Tape
Views: 2,337
Message 5 of 7

I'll be interested to hear how your replacement fares. I've had the issue pop up intermittently, but the pen does work most of the time. I think it could be a faulty battery in the small pen or something. For any serious work I use the larger pen which always works, but it would definitely be nice to have both working consistently. How did you go about replacing your pen?

8c9mex
Punch Card
Views: 2,319
Message 6 of 7

I will let you know as soon as it arrives. 

8c9mex
Punch Card
Views: 2,267
Message 7 of 7

Hey my replacement finally arrived! But still does not work Smiley Sad

About how I got it replaced was simple: I got in contact with the service team and after 1h of phone counseling they agreed to send me a new one. 

But now this one also does not work. I had it charging for half a day now and it still does not react. I guess my charging Dock is dead Smiley Sad I will try to get the whole machine replaced since also my headphone jack is not properly soldered on!! Will show that in another post

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors