Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgibbons510
What's DOS?
Views: 5,245
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad P50 - Touchpad buttons not working / Driver issue

Has anyone else had an issue with the P50 and the synaptics driver?  If we install the driver from 2016 then the buttons do not work only the mouse cursor. If we delete the driver and let the 2015 driver install then all the buttons work fine.  Install the newer driver from last week and the buttons break again.   All 6 of our P50 machines are doing this that we just got. Anyeone else seen such odd driver behaviour?

mariakatosvich
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,197
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad P50 - Touchpad buttons not working / Driver issue

Follow the solutions below. They might be helpful to solve the problem for you

1.Go to Control Panel from your start menu and click on view devices and which is located under hardware and sounds.

2.Right click on the picture of the computer/laptop/desktop and click mouse settings.

3.A menu should pop up and you then should click on the Device Settings tab and click settings.

4.Another menu pops up and you should then click the thing that looks like + on the left side of Pointing.

5.Then click on the + on the left side of Sensitivity and then click on the thing that says PalmCheck.

6.On the right there should be a bar that says minimum and maximum. You want to slide the bar thing all the way to minimum and i hope this fixes your problem.

Thanks,
Maria.K.

driver restore
Former Employee
Views: 5,163
Message 3 of 5

Jgibbons510,

Think Engineering was able to duplicate the loss of touchpad button function that you reported on P50 ThinkPad systems. As you noted, a workaround is to delete and reinstall the Synaptics driver prior to v.19.0.17.87.

Lenovo has requested an update from the driver vendor to restore expected function. I'll post again when I receive more information.

Thank you,

Former Employee
Views: 4,877
Message 4 of 5

JGibbons510,

Lenovo has released several versions of the Synaptics driver since you reported this issue.

The latest became available this week, v19.3.4.48. It can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS119156

Thank you,

Highlighted
jgibbons510
What's DOS?
Views: 4,872
Message 5 of 5

Great! Thank you for the follow up. We actually just found a new one out of the box yesterday with the issue and i will see if the update fixed it for my team mates. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors