Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Akuthiala
Fanfold Paper
Views: 714
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad P50 Touchpad not working

I recently got a friend of mine get me a Thinkpad P50 laptop from US (I live in India). Since beginning I am having issues with the touchpad. Initially the touchpad (including touchpad keys and the trackpopint) would work for some time and then stop responding completely until rebooted. However since last few days the touchpad is completely dead. I get a message whenever I start the laptop that touchpad was not detected.

I have tried installing drivers for the touchpad from lenovo website as well as doing a factory reset, but nothing seems to have worked so far. I also took the laptop to the lenovo service center in India, but they have refused to look into the issue, since the laptop was purchased in US and the Lenovo website does not list India as a country where international warrenty for this laptop is applicable. Infact the site for this laptop is blank and does not show any country.

Any suggestions what I should be doing next to resolve this would be greately appreciated.

ityodawannabe
Punch Card
Views: 667
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad P50 Touchpad not working

Have you tried reseating your touchpad ribbon cables?

Akuthiala
Fanfold Paper
Views: 662
Message 3 of 6

I am not very handy with laptop internals. Is there a how to guide I can refer to, to do this?
ityodawannabe
Punch Card
Views: 658
Message 4 of 6

You might try Youtube or look at Lenovo's site.  Sorry I can't think of anywhere else.

rvcjew
802.11n
Views: 611
Message 5 of 6

You use this guide after taking out down to the keyboard, it is all very easy to do and honestly the hardest part is getting the back panel door off without breaking the tiny clips.
https://www.lenovoservicetraining.com/showcase?sid=1129&key=TGVuZw==

The service manual to get the other stuff off first (also on that video site though) http://ok1.de/thinkpad/HMM/p50_hmm_en_sp40j71944.pdf
I own a Y510p SLI (retired), Yoga 2 Pro, P50 4K, X1C5
Akuthiala
Fanfold Paper
Views: 582
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the links...I will give it a shot.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors