cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arahne
Punch Card
Views: 923
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad P50 - Unknown usb device (Device descriptor request failed) Bluetooth not working

Few days ago suddenly my Logitech MX master mouse (bluetooth connected) stopped working. Then I figured that Bluetooth can not be enabled. Then I saw that in Device manager have problem with unknown usb device, which device decriptor failed. Usb ports are without any device connected. All four of them empty now. Any kind of windows, usb/bluetooth driver update/uninstallation is not helping, so this is why I am trying to find help. So please help.   

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 900
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad P50 - Unknown usb device (Device descriptor request failed) Bluetooth not working

I had a similar unknown USB device, and if I remember right, I resolved that error either by choosing to eject it (the USB Drive) from "This PC", or by removing/unstalling the USB drive via Device Manager under Drives.   

Basically the drive was still being reported as present in Windows, but was no longer physically connected.    After doing that I think I uninstalled the USB device with the error under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, rescanned for hardware changes and the problem went away. 

------

As far as no Bluetooth

•  Does the option to turn on Bluetooth even exist in settings, but just cannot be toggled to the On position?
    • (Select the Start button, then select Settings  > Devices)
  • Have you tried running the Bluetooth troubleshooter?     
    • (Select the Start button, then select Settings  > Security  > Troubleshoot . Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, and then select Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions.)
  • What driver and version is showing for the Bluetooth device in Device Manager.   If you are running the drivers that came from Lenovo, and assuming you have the AC-8260 WiFi/Bluetooth adapter, you might try these drivers from Intel, which are a bit newer than those on the Lenovo website.

Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260  (Wifi version 20.120.0 and Bluetooth version 20.110.0)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/86068/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8260

Best of luck,

Arahne
Punch Card
Views: 875
Message 3 of 4

Re: Thinkpad P50 - Unknown usb device (Device descriptor request failed) Bluetooth not working

Thanks for trying to help, but the problem is not so simple. There is no bluetooth in Device manager, and there is new thing this unknown usb device which device descriptor failed. I think that this is the bluetoth device infact but somehow it is interpreted in device manager as problematic usb device. When I try to remove it (uninstall)  it shows up again within minute. It can not be any other thing usb related because all of my usb ports are clear, nothing connected to them.  

Arahne
Punch Card
Views: 869
Message 4 of 4

After several restarts due to usb check and reinstallation of wifi/lan drivers it suddenly started to work (bluetooth), and there is no problematic usb device in device manager. I can not explain how the problem emerged and how it was solved. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors